𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑶𝒏𝒆

*YAWN*
I yawned, back to school... Wait, what!?

I grabbed my phone and checked the time and saw it was 7:45. I have to be at school by 8:20!

I hopped out of bed and immediately went to the bathroom

I just made it out of my Sophomore year of high school and I'm not having the freshest start with my Junior year, as recalled

I put on the uniform from last year that my father bought for me.
It was a white button-up shirt, a beige sweater, and a black pleated skirt. I looked at myself in the mirror.

'This skirt is a little short... Oh no, I'm going to be late' I completely forgot about the skirt and rushed myself downstairs.

"Good morning, Brooke," My father said

"Good morning, Pops! " I said with glee

I walked down the last step.
I skipped over to my father and kissed him on the cheek.

"Are you excited about school?" He asked me, looking up from his newspaper.

"Very!"

I stopped the small talk with my father and opened the cabinet. I saw some bagels.
'Plain? Ugh, it'll have to do I shrugged it off.

I put my bagels in the toaster and set the timer for 3 minutes. In the meantime, I went upstairs and grabbed my socks and school shoes. When I made it downstairs, the toaster dinged. Perfect timing!

"Pops, I'm getting ready to leave!"

"Okay, sweetheart. Have a good day"

I put my bagel in my mouth and headed out the door.

'8:10, I can make it!' I thought

I tried running but also tried to be a little cautious trying not to choke on my bagel.

Time skip

I made it to school.

'8:17? Pretty good I silently praised myself.

I pulled out my phone and checked my emails for my schedule.

"Homeroom: Class 1-4, College Preparatory."

I looked around.
'Class 1-2, Class 1-3, Aha, Class 1-4.

I walked up to the door, reaching for the doorknob. I hesitated, was I ready for this? Was I ready for a class of new faces? Ugh, c'mon Brooke, live a little.

I swung the door open and all the attention was brought to me.

"Oh? Another student, huh?" A person who looked like the teacher said.

"Uh yeah, my name is Brooke. My schedule said this was my homeroom" I said. No stuttering, go Brooke!

"Yup, you're in the right place. You can sit next to Cameron. Cameron, raise your hand. "

He raised his hand.

Ain't no way.

"Well, well, well. Who do we have here?" He said, smirking my way.

"I don't understand how you're always in my class. No matter how many arguments we have."

"I just try to be your friend, but you don't like me" He shrugged

"I will never even think of being your friend." I spat

Cameron has been my enemy since elementary school. Just because he was a little smarter than me. It made me so mad.

"Maybe this year will, darling"

"Darling? Oh, please." I rolled my eyes.

The small argument we made was interrupted by the teacher trying to collect the class's attention.