𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒚-𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕

I walked to school with my shoes lightly smacking the sidewalk. Music blasted into my ears as I looked straight ahead. Cameron had texted me saying he'd be late and for me to go on without him, so that's what I did.

I was digging through my locker, looking for a specific paper, until I felt a presence behind me. I turned around to see my four friends.

"Where's Cameron; Didn't you walk with him?" Jay asked me. I could see the worry in all of their eyes.

"He's running late today, so I walked without him," I told the group.

They all let out a sigh of relief. "Good, we thought something happened to you two last night," Lana admitted.

"Actually, last night was surreal. We both had a lot of fun," I smiled to myself. The four others had a confused look on their face. To save me from explaining, the bell rang. We all bid our goodbyes and I started walking to my first class with Amelia.

-------------------------------------------------

I was in my second class with no one sitting next to me because Cameron never showed up. I was scribbling down some notes until the door swung open, behind it was a very, very tired-looking Cameron. I stared at him as a small gasp left my lips. He made his way over to me and plopped down in his chair. Since we were in science class, we had those specific desks where you had your partner right next to you.  As soon as he sat down, he placed his arm on the table and rested his head on his arms.

I slowly scooted closer to him. "You okay, Cam?"

"Yes, just tired. Ciara kept me up all night with her narratives. Yea, they were good but I've been up since five in the morning," He told me.

My mouth formed the shape of an  "o"  as I gave him a quick head pat and let him drift off to sleep.

~Time Skip~

"Cameron, wake up. It's lunchtime," I tapped his shoulder and he slowly rose from his slumber and looked at me. He stared for a hot second before picking up his stuff and leaving the classroom.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"Cameron, you look like crap," Jay dissed.

"Thanks for that," Cameron said sarcastically

I pulled out my phone and plugged in my headphones. I shuffled my playlist and the song that came on was "Here With Me" by d4vd. I closed my eyes and leaned my head on my hand and let the unwanted noise around me cancel out.

I was lost in my own little world until I felt someone drop their weight on my shoulder. I looked down and saw Cameron fast asleep on my shoulder.

I looked up at the group and they looked just as confused as me. I eventually just accepted how tired he must be and let him sleep on my shoulder.

The bell blared over my music and that made me flinch. My sudden movement made Cameron perk up. He blinked quickly as if he needed to realize where he was. I laughed at him. "Good morning, sleepy head, " I teased him. He groaned at me and got up with his stuff.

I grabbed my stuff and started walking away with him. I tried my best to stay by his side since he was oh so slow.

~Time Skip~

Cameron and I walked home together. Even though he was sluggish and extremely slow, I still enjoyed the walk with him.

We both walked up the steps to my house. I unlocked my door and walked in with the tired boy. "Cameron, please go upstairs and take a nap." 

"Don't have to tell me twice,' He kicked off his shoes and went upstairs.

I walked toward my kitchen and looked in the fridge. 'There's nothing in here, I'll go out and get something.'

I walked back to the door and left out. I'll our favorite snacks!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I came back home with a bag full of snacks. I got my favorites., BBQ Lay's, a Pepsi, and some Hi-Chew's. And from my memory, I got Cameron's favorites, a Gatorade, purple Doritos, and Reese's. I also got him a red bull for obvious reasons.

I trotted up the stairs bag in hand, my room door was closed. I revealed Cameron's sleeping peacefully on my bed. I wasn't gonna wake him up yet, it was too early. I decided to take a shower and watch a movie in the meantime.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I watched as the end credits appeared on the screen. I finished my snacks already and started slurping my drink.

"That movie was ass," A raspy voice came from next to me.

"Well, damn. When did you wake up?" I asked him.

He took a look at his phone, "Around 45 minutes ago."

I laughed as I handed him the bag of goodies. "What's this?" he questioned.

"Your favorite snacks. I bought them while you were sleeping so you'd have something to eat when you woke up."

" How much was it?"

"I'm not telling you because you'll try to pay me back. I don't need your money," I enlightened him.

I looked over at Cameron to see him with a very confused look but with a red blush spread across his cheeks. "You're so humble. How could you be so sweet?"

"I was raised well," I smiled at him.

I picked up my remote and started to scroll through Netflix. Cameron's eyes were staring daggers into the side of my face like he's never seen my kind before. I mean, I know he almost never talks to any girls but what am I a rare species?