𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚-𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆

We arrived at the school and immediately started looking for our group to see if they were even there that morning.

Cameron's head and mine swung around the school while slowly walking so we wouldn't look awkward standing by the front entrance.

"I see them" I pointed to the lockers.

Cameron and I made our way to the lockers only to see Lana and Morgan-no sign of Amelia, good.

"Hey, guys!" Morgan said with her stentorian voice.

I waved my hand at them and looked up at Cameron who seemed not to be paying attention at all.

"Cam, what's wrong?" I asked him.

"Where's Amelia?" He answered me back with another question.

You've got to be kidding me.

"She's at her locker. Wait, are you guys friends?" Lana looked at ME, shocked.

"Yeah, I promise she's cool" Cameron answered for me.

I looked at him repulsively, my mouth slightly agape. "I'm going to go find her." Cameron strolled away.

"Red flag." Lana and Morgan said in unison.

"I don't know what you guys are talking about," I said, looking at Cameron walk away to Amelia's locker.

"He's going to get his ex instead of talking to his girlfriend." Morgan clarified.

My usual expression turned into a disheartened one in just a few seconds. He wouldn't leave me for Amelia, right?

Yeah, no. He would never.

----------------------------------------------------------

Classes were about to start and I still couldn't find Cameron. I need to hurry to class, I'll apologize when I see him.

When I made it to class, Cameron was already there! He sat in his usual seat and just acted like he didn't forget about me this morning.

'Alright that's cool I guess' I thought and made my way to my seat.

I sat down next to Cameron and looked at him. I mean the class was still talking so...

"Cam, why'd you leave me?" I asked him.

"I walked to class with Amelia. I'll walk with you tomorrow, I promise" He said.

I nodded and turned away. How come he's spending all of his time with Amelia now? Why hasn't Amelia talked to me this morning?

I felt something hold my hand. I looked down and as expected, Cameron's hand was holding mine. Our interlocked fingers and the gentle pressure of his grip gave me a sense of comfort. I looked up at him, his eyes appeared gentle and genuine. The friendly smile on his lips said to me that I had nothing to worry about. I just needed to trust him.

I smiled back at him and then our sincere moment had to be ruined by the teacher's nagging voice.

~Time Skip~

Cameron and I walked to lunch together, his hand in mine. This is better, now I won't have to think about him and another girl. More specifically, his ex.

"I'm confused about what's going on here" Amelia appeared behind us.

Cameron and I turned around slowly to see the more petite figure standing behind us while looking at the two hands linked together.

I looked at Cameron with an expression screaming 'You didn't tell her yet?'. He nodded no.

"Cameron and I are dating. It's been almost a month." I spoke up.

Amelia stood there, wide-eyed and speechless as she processed the news.

"So I was right."

"About what?"

~Flashback~

"Seriously, I shouldn't have gotten that mad if you like someone else. I honestly think that you guys would be a cute couple!" Amelia smiled softly.

Cameron and I both stopped in our tracks and stared at Amelia.

"What?" Amelia shrugged.

"Cameron doesn't like me and I don't like him" I chuckled at the awkward atmosphere.

Cameron choked, again.

"Why do you keep doing that?!" I yelled.

"Doing what?"

"Do you have something to tell me?" I backed away and put my hands up to my chest.

"What? No!" He yelled, flustered.

~End of Flashback~

"I knew you guys liked each other!" She said

Cameron and I walked with Amelia to the canteen.

Sitting at the table with Lana and Morgan as they both gave Amelia a mean glare, Amelia looked very uncomfortable. I can tell it's gonna take a while for the three of them to become friends.

"Brooke and Cameron, if you two don't stop making out I will slap you both into the next generation." Morgan threatened.

"We weren't making out, I just gave him a hug." I became flustered.

"Who cares. We're not talking to Amelia so you HAVE to talk to us." Lana demanded.

I sighed. "Just give Amelia a chance, I promise she's a nice person," I begged.

"But I've known her for years, she's toxic-"

"People can change."

Morgan look at me, stunned. She then turned around to talk to Amelia.