𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚✫

"Brooklyn, can I tell you something?"

Woah, slow down.

"Of course, you can tell me anything." I lied.

"So.. I-" I cut him off.

"Let me guess. You like me?" I looked at Cameron.

"W-what? How'd you know?" Cameron was as red as a tomato.

"Uh yeah, it's insulting how stupid you think I am."

"So, I'm guessing you don't feel the same way?" Cameron had tears in his eyes. God, I gave him the wrong idea.

"Oh, Yes! I do like you back. I love you!" I covered my mouth. That slipped out.

"Wow. So, what happens now?" Cameron looked me in the eye. Both of our faces were still red.

"I don't know. Ask me to date you" I shrugged.

"Will You Be My Girlfriend?" Cameron FINALLY asked me.

I nodded and smiled.

"C-Can I kiss you?" Cameron asked to be respectful.

"I mean, sure"

Cameron leaned in, and so did I. We kissed. It lasted a lot longer than intended. We've kissed before but it feels like this is the first time. It's tingly.

I ended up pulling away first and taking a deep breath.

"Thank you," Cameron said. I could tell he didn't know what to say.

"Don't say thank you, it's weird." I reprimanded.

He nodded.

We continued eating the rest of the snacks until the basket was emptied of snacks but full of wrappers. At that point, we knew it was time to go home.

I helped Cameron roll up the picnic blanket. He held the blanket while I had the basket. Cameron and I walked home together. I first went to his house so I could drop his stuff off. Ciara was also there so we had an interaction.

"Did you guys have fun?" Ciara asked looking at us.

"Definitely," We said in unison.

"Awesome! So you guys are a 'thing' now?" She looked at me, then at Cameron

"Yup, how'd you know?" I questioned her.

"Cami said he was going to confess to you. He's been obsessed with you for YEARS" Ciara said.

My mouth widened. I look at Cameron who's staring at Ciara with a blank stare.

"Y'know what, I don't even care."

Ciara and I both chuckled while Cameron still had a straight face.

"I better get going" I started walking to their door.

Cameron recommend he walk with me and so he did. Of course, it wasn't a long walk because I lived only two houses down from him.

"Thanks again for today, Cameron," I told him with a smile.

"Don't say thank you, It's weird" He said mocking me. We both laughed.

"Can I get another kiss?" I asked him this time.

"Of course." He leaned in.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him passionately.

I pulled away, "Cameron, I have to go. I'll see you tomorrow" I told him.

I walked up my porch steps and unlocked my door.

"Hey, Brooke! How was your date with Cameron." Pops asked me as soon as I went in the house.