𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚-𝑺𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏

Jay and I are at the Carnival, both of us eating a bag of popcorn.

"So, tell me what you're gonna say to Amelia." Jay started.

"I'm gonna tell her that we can't be friends if she gon' keep acting entitled."

Jay looked at me. "Quick question. What happens if Brooklyn doesn't want to date you?"

I looked at him with a glare. "Why say that?"

"Uhm anyways, My teacher is making us do a group project. I want to end up with Grayson." He changed the subject.

I looked at him confused. Because I didn't know who he was. "Grayson is my other friend. He has beef with a girl named Kennedy. I totally ship them though" He laughed.

"You are all about people dating others. Who do you like? that's not Brooke." I asked him.

"Uhm, I'm actually confused about that."

I looked at him while shoving popcorn in my mouth, waiting for him to continue.

"Like, I used to like Brooklyn of course. But now I feel a whole new way for a different person." Jay stated. "But it's a teeny crush, y'know? Like I'll be over it in a few days."

I tried asking him who, but he look uncomfortable with answering it so I let it go

We both walked out of the Carnival and started walking back to my house.

By the time we got there, I saw my sister at our door. "Oh, my sister's right there. You can go now if you want."

He nodded and put out his hand. I dapped him up and he walked away.

~Time Skip~

~Jay's POV~

I'm in class waiting for the teacher to get started.

"Alright Class, As you know you have a project due 3 weeks from now. Today I will be pairing you up."

I perked up. Waiting for my name to be called.

"Grayson and Kennedy," The teacher said.

I suffered silently knowing I wouldn't be able to participate with my friend. But at least he's with his Soon-to-be girlfriend.

"Amelia and Jade," The teacher said my name, and my jaw dropped.

I looked at Amelia and she looked very disappointed. What have I ever done to her?

Classes ended and I made my way to Cameron's locker.

I stopped in front of him before speaking. "Guess who I got partnered up with-" I heard a semi-familiar voice behind me.

"Jade!"

I turned around and saw my project partner. "Come to my house at 5 pm. My address is 321 Probably Street. Do NOT be late." Amelia said to me and walk away.

"Did she call you Jade?" Cameron asked me.

"Yes, it's my real name. And I know it's considered feminine" I said, slightly embarrassed.

Cameron chuckled. "You wanna have lunch with me?"

"Can't, I'm eating lunch with my Imanni, my older sister. I'll walk with you though" I said.

~Time Skip~

I walked home by myself, my sister already has a job.

I still had about and hour and 30 minutes before I had to leave and go to Amelia's house. So I took a shower and made myself look somewhat presentable.

I put on the usual, black sweatpants and a black T-shirt to go with it. Nothing Fancy.

~Time Skip~

I made my way to Amelia's house. Her house was very close to mine, about a 5-minute walk.

I knocked on her door and someone, who I'm guessing is her mother, opened the door.

"Who are you?"

"My name is Jade Lane, I'm here to work on a project with Amelia Moore," I said. I don't know why it was so formal.

"One second" The door slammed in my face causing me to flinch a bit.

I waited a long time, probably 20 minutes. I was thinking about leaving but I've already waited so long. I went on my phone and was texting Cameron.

Me: Bruh i've been waiting outside of Amelia's house for 20 minutes

Me: I'm fr boutta dip.

Cameron 🥵: Bro just leave u could do the first half of the project by urself.

Cameron 🥵: It can't be that hard.

Me: I barely listen in class.

Cameron 🥵: c now thats ur problem.

Me: Alright I hear someone at the door imma be back.

Cameron 🥵: Aii ttyl

Me: Bye beautiful

Cameron 🥵: Bruh stop playin.

I put my phone in my pocket as the door opened. There stood Amelia.

"Come in," Amelia said boredly.

I walked into her humble abode and noticed how empty and quiet it was. No television or anything, just her slippers gliding against her hardwood floor. It was quite peaceful.

"Come on upstairs. I already started on the project already." She said as she waited for me to walk behind her upstairs.

She opened the door to her room and I almost instantly got smacked with the smell of vanilla that it even knocked me back a little. It was so strong that it almost reeked. I walked in anyway.

"Sit on the floor" Amelia sat on the floor and waited for me to sit next to her.

I sat next to her and she handed me a pencil and paper. "So all you have to do is.."

"Why are you treating me like I'm a kid?" I said to her, low-key aggravated.

"Fine, you tell me what you're supposed to be doing." She crossed her arms and waited for my answer. Though nothing came out of my mouth. "Exactly, you need to write this down in your own words. Easy, right?"

"Sure, I guess." I did not know what she meant, and she might've noticed that.

"Just copy this down." She handed me her own handwritten paper.

"You have nice handwriting," I told her.

"Okay? Get to writing, slowpoke"

I obeyed her directions and got to work.

~Time Skip~

"Go home," Amelia stated as she started stretching.

"What?" I said utterly confused.

"It's late, go home. I'm tired."

I did as she said with no argument. I gathered my stuff and walked downstairs from her room.

As soon as I walked outside I took a deep breath and widened my eyes. 'Why do I feel like this around her?' I thought.

'I thought it was only a small crush'