𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑬𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕

"Hello?" A deep raspy voice was heard from the phone.

Why is he awake at this time?!

"Are you there?" I heard.

'Brooke say something!"

"Hey?"

"Why are calling so late?"

"Uh...I Kinda had a nightmare" I quietly said.

"Oh..." he said.

"Yea. And its your fault, I should've never watched that movie with you" I pouted as if he could see me.

I heard him chuckling on the other side of the phone.

"It's not funny!" I said.

"It is, you're a total scaredy cat" He said

~Cameron's POV~

We continued talking til almost 5:30 and that's when I heard light snores over the phone. She's asleep.

"Glad I could help" I said even though she was sleeping.

After a few more seconds I ended up falling asleep to without hanging up.

~ 3 hours later ~

~Brooke's POV~

I woke up feeling really tired. I look over to the time

'8:56!? I need to get ready for school' I thought while shuffling off of my bed.

"Sit down, Brooklyn." I heard off of my phone and flinched.

"Cameron? Why didn't you hang up last night?"

" 'Cause I didn't want to, anyways, you're not going to school today. We're late anyway" He said

I had a straight face. It was almost 9am anyways.

"So what are we going to do all day?"

"Nothing, I guess"

We spent the rest of the day talking about practically nothing. Cameron told me how he used to play volleyball throughout middle school. He was a middle blocker as expected since he's so tall.
(A/N, I'm only using volleyball because it's the only sport I know about sorry)

We talked about stuff that has been happening at school. Including all of our embarrassing moments like when my skirt lifted up in front of the whole school. Thats probably the one I hate the most.

I looked over at my phone and saw that the call was 11 hours long. That's interesting.

"Wait a minute, Brooklyn. I'm gonna get a snack"

"Oh, okay. I'll wait"

I heard the phone shuffling while he was moving. And I'm alone now.

I looked up at my ceiling. Emptying my mind from all the embarrassing moments and think about the good moments. Like when me and Cameron went to the carnival. And when we kissed... On accident.

"I'm back, I have pudding" he said on the other line.

"I noticed something" I said

"What did you notice"

"We're a lot more nice to each other than in elementary school and middle school." I said as a smile appeared at the thought of us being friends.

"Yea, because I learned to tolerate you. Don't get the wrong Idea, I still hate you"

"Heh, I expected that answer"

Both of us talked about typical teen stuff. Until Cameron asked a pretty personal question.

"Brooklyn"

"Yes? "

"Who do you have a crush on?" I could practically hear the smirk appear on his face.

"Well, Henry from first period is kinda cute? So I guess I have a small crush on him. What about you? "

I didn't get an answer from him. What happened?

"Cameron? I can't hear you any more. Did your connection break up? "

"O-oh no, I'm still here sorry"

"Who's your crush?" I asked him again.

"I think Amelia is pretty? " He said sounding confused.

"Amelia is beautiful. I see why you like her!"

"Mhmm... "

We kept on talking about our crushes and I had a uneasy feeling in my stomach that every time Amelia's name was mentioned. I'd feel more upset to the fact that Cameron had a crush on her.
Her green eyes and jet black hair made her so unique. If that's the type of girl that Cameron's into then I know I can never reach his expectations.
I was just your average girl with Hazel eyes and dark brown hair. Nothing really interesting about me either. Heh, but why would I care..?

"Brooklyn? You still there?"

"Uh yeah, why? "

"I don't know, your quiet"

"Actually I'm really tired, I think I'm gonna take a nap" I said with a chuckle then quickly hung up.

I was laying down in a starfish position. Then I took my pillow and curled up into a ball. I felt tears build up in the corner of my eyes. Why am I crying.

I get up from my bed and head to my bathroom.
I wash my face off with cold water and try to take my mind off Cameron. While I do, I only get more thoughts him.
I dry my face with a towel and look back in the mirror. I'm as red a tomato!

No way...

This isn't possible...

My first love is....

CAMERON!??

(A/N) sorry this chapter took me so long to post 🙏🙏🙏🙏