𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚-𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕

I texted Cameron.

Me: yo can I come over?

Cameron 🥵: It's legit 11pm

Me: cmon bro its and amurgancy

Cameron 🥵: Emergency** fine you can come over.

I walked from Amelia's house to Camerons', they lived pretty far from each other. I walked while thinking. I can't tell him who I like, but wouldn't it be obvious since I'm coming from Amelia's house to discuss this? I don't understand why my heart can't beat properly around her, and it's for my best friend's ex. It's sickening.

I walked up the stairs to Camerons' door. I knocked.

The door almost instantly swung open. There stood his sister. "Why are you here this late?" The woman asked.

"Cameron allowed me to come over," I said, kind of nervous.

She huffed but let me in. She then called for her younger brother. "Cameron! Your friend is here!"

I heard thumping as he ran downstairs.

"Yo! What's up," He said, throwing his hand out for me to dap him up. Which I did.

"Can we go up to your room and talk?"

"Oh, uhm. Of course, follow me" He said

I followed him upstairs where he took me to his room. His room was filled with different types of space figures mostly of different planets. He had a bunch of posters scattered on his walls. He is such a nerd.

"So what did you need?"

"Remember when I told you about the crush which I thought would go away by now?" I asked him which he nodded in response. "So these feeling I have for this person has gotten a lot stronger, for some reason."

"Is it me?" Cameron asked as he looked at me, shocked.

"Bro what? No it's not you, it's a girl for your information." I told him.

"Oh, so is it Amelia?" Cameron said casually.

I was shocked but didn't make it noticeable, that would be a dead give away. I knew it would've been obvious.

"No it's not Amelia, why would it be her when she's your ex?" I asked, attempting to play it off.

"It's okay if you like her, I like Brooke." He confessed, for like the 5th time.

"Well I still don't like her, Cam. That's weird"

"Yeah, okay. I totally ship you guys" He said with a chuckle.

"Are you mocking me?" I said dramatically.

We both shared a laugh before I needed to leave. It was really late and it was a school night. I dapped him up before I left.

~Time Skip~

Cameron and I were at lunch, talking about literally anything.

"Aren't you gonna tell Brooke that you don't have a girlfriend." I asked Cameron.

"Lana and Morgan are there to make sure I don't talk to her. It's pointless." He frowned.

"What if I talk to 'em?" I said, waiting for him to agree.

"I mean, they don't know you. Give it a try." He sent me over to go talk to them.

I walked over to their table and took a seat. As soon as I sat down, their giggles and smiles faded.

"Hello." I said awkwardly.

"Uhm, hello?" A girl with faded red hair said.

"I need to talk to you girls about Cameron." I stated.

"Nuh-uh, nope, heck no, bye" A girl with short brown hair said.

"Wait, give me a chance. Did you guys know that Cameron does not have a girlfriend?" I started.

They all turned to me, shocked. "That's not what Amelia said." Brooklyn spoke up.

"Amelia is a liar. She is a single pringle. And so is Cameron" I shared.

They all looked at each other with their mouths agape. "I just wanted you girls to know that, I'll be leaving now." I got up from their table and walked away back to my own.

~Third Person POV~

All three of the girls had stared at each other in shock, not knowing what to say.

"So I have a chance," Brooklyn said, gaining more excitement.

"Are we gonna talk to him now?" Lana asked, genuinely confused.

"Nahh, let him start the conversation, that's more fun!" Morgan said, mischievously rubbing her hands together.

All three of the girls laughed before chowing down on their lunches again.

The bell rang and that meant it was time for class. The hallways that used to be clear were now crowded among students rushing to their lockers and to their class.

The group of girls and the male duo went their separate ways.

~Jay's POV~

I was in class, barely paying attention, like usual. I looked around the class for my eyes to get stuck on Amelia, who was calmly writing down the notes on the board. She looked so pristine and pulchritudinous, and trust me those are some big words for me.

"Jade, please pay attention. I'm sure nothing on Amelia is more important than my lesson." My teacher said,

I looked away from Amelia and looked down at my desk. The class started laughing and teasing. I cursed under my breath and started taking notes.

I then remembered that I had to go to her house after school. Great! Just Great.

I started writing down everything on the board as the teacher continued explaining her nonsense. I spared a quick glance to Amelia one more time to spot her already looking at me, while blushing?

Nah, it's just the lighting.

~Time Skip~

I'm packing up my stuff, getting ready to leave class. When I saw someone walk in front of my desk. It was Amelia.

I was waiting for her to address me about staring at her in class. But no, she just stood there, watching me pack up my stuff.

"Yes?" I looked up at her, jerking my book bag over my shoulder.

"I'm waiting for you." She said calmly.

"Uhm, Why?" I looked at her confused.

"We're gonna walk together to my house." She said, still with her neutral expression. "Hurry up, we have a lot of work to do!"

We both quickly walked out of the school.

~Time Skip~

Amelia and I were working on the project together, and socializing. Like we were actually talking this time.

"Quick question," she said. I looked at her. "Why were you staring at me during class today?"

My answer was delayed. "Oh, I was just lost in thought and happened to be looking your way." Nice one, Jay!

"Oh" That was all she said. Then she stopped talking as much for the rest of meet up.