✨15✨

Awaking normally seems so odd to me now. I half expected to jolt up or snap out of a vision... But there was none.

I looked around and see that Eunwoo is driving in the darkness, everyone else is asleep, and where Rocky usually sits in the passenger seat, always wide awake when I am, he was sleeping next to Sanha, who has placed his head on Rocky's shoulder.

It was strange seeing him asleep, I rarely ever saw him doing anything but working.

Moonbin is curled up in the corner next to them. Across from him on my side is MJ, sleeping lazily with legs spread and he even snores lightly, which I don't know how it doesn't bother the person next to me, but JinJin sleeps soundly, arms and legs crossed at the ankles. So formal all the time, huh?

"Eunwoo," I whisper gently and he hums in response, "Mind if I sit next to you?"

"Not at all," He whispers back.

When I sit down, he offers a bag of chips with his left hand. I oblige and take one.

"JinJin is not happy with Moonbin," Eunwoo sighs, "He thinks Moonbin was trying to guilt you into his side showing you what he went through."

I look backwards to look at JinJin, still sleeping soundly. Turning back, I huff, "If wanting to understand what someone has gone through, then sure, he guilted me."

"I don't say that I agree with our leader," Eunwoo looks at me for a second, "But I know the extent of Moonbin's powers and I don't think that was the way to show you his pain."

Maybe not, but going through it helps me understand so much about him, it's worth going through that pain, however real or fake it was.

Eunwoo is quiet at my lack of response, munching on chips every other minute. I don't mind the silence with him but I had so many questions, I didn't even know where to start.

"I missed you in my dream tonight."

Eunwoo smiles but rolls his eyes. "And here I thought that if I took the night shift for driving you'd get a good night's sleep."

I shrug as I turn to watch the road, "It feels like our visions are the only time we ever get to talk."

"Is that something you want?" When he sees me turn to look at him confused, he sighs. "Do you want to talk to me?"

"Well, of course," I'm a bit taken aback by his question, "Why wouldn't I want that?"

"Well, I don't want to disturb your dreams," Eunwoo shrugs as he begins taking a right turn, "You seemed apprehensive about me at the start of this... even recently."

"I'm sorry I—"

"I know, you didn't mean to," He turns and smiles for another second, "It's okay and rather understandable. I have quite the changing personality."

"Yeah," Chuckling I take another chip and talk through chewing, "You get cocky, and then you're nice, and then you're secluded—"

Eunwoo places his right hand under my chin as he slowed down the car, looking at me in the eyes, "Pretty girls don't talk with food in their mouth."

I turn away and finish chewing. "And then whatever this is."

Eunwoo laughs, and it's full, joyful even. "You know Hwang, you forget that we've been in hiding for about a year, secluded in labs for yet another year and a half... You're a girl, surrounded by guys. Does that not intimidate you?"

I just look at him. Truly, it never came to mind. "You saw something, didn't you?"

Eunwoo smiles but doesn't say anything for a while. It's not when he stops the car that he turns and looks at me, raising his hand to my face, brushing away my hair, and tucking it behind my air. "I've seen the very different and uncertain futures."

"W-What do you mean?" I'm a little flustered with the closeness between us and the topic itself.

He pulls back down his hand and places it on my hand. "I've seen the way things could go. Holding hands, crying together, extra long hugs..." Eunwoo traces his hand on mine and then we both look up, "kisses and related things."

Feeling the warmth on my cheeks is embarrassing enough, but the fact that he has seen my intimate future makes me take my hand away. "I'm not seeking some sort of romance out of this. I-I want answers. Plus we are in this situation because of me, it's all my fault."

Eunwoo's smile turns kind, "And I'm glad you're not looking for a romance but... I've sensed that feeling that you have, ya know? The guilt." He brings his hand back to my face and places his hand on my cheek, making me look at him. "You have only given us a reason to fight. That feeling that you're not one of us, that you're different or estranged, well, I want you to know that any one of us," He points around the van, "as of this very moment, we would take a bullet for you."

I look about the van, and looking at their innocent faces as they sleep, thinking of them laying their lives down for me, overwhelms me with emotion. I had felt such guilt and felt that I needed to be guarded, but now...

"Thank you Eunwoo," I place my hand on his, which still remains on my cheek. "I needed to hear that."

He kindly smiles before turning back to the road and continuing his drive. Something told me, though, that one of them as of now, would not lay his life for me, not yet at least, if Eunwoo was implying that all of them have the potential of being my—

I couldn't quite finish that thought. What Eunwoo may have seen, was not a definite future and I would not let his visions cloud my judgment.

As the story progresses, you can comment and basically cast your vote for who you think Rina should be with. Every comment counts.