✨23✨

I'm strapped to a chair, my limbs bound by leather belts, and my forehead has a strap that makes it so that I can't turn to look around. From my peripheral vision, I see a metal table with tools you'd see at the dentist--no, more like in surgery. There, I see a syringe that looks all too familiar, glowing red.

Ahead there's a window that I can't see into, in front of it a scientist with a heavily armed guard next to him.

"You didn't have to make this so hard, you know?" The scientist explains. He doesn't look like any others I've seen in footage, memories, and visions. He has a different look on his face. Deranged. His glasses are fogged up and sweat drips from his forehead.

"Eunwoo?" I call for him but I do not see him. I know better than to know this is not reality, but it can't be a vision, Eunwoo is not here.

"Oh no dearie," He shakes his head, smiling largely as his teeth showcase themselves to me, and I feel like prey that has just been shown their predators fangs, "No one is coming this time."

It's just a dream, I tell myself, even as he picks up the syringe. "Eunwoo!" I call again, but he's not here. It's just a dream. It's just a dream.

The man draws closer and places his hand on my arm to insert the needle. His breath is uncomfortably warm and heavy on my skin as he gets closer, inspecting where he should inject me.

"Please, stop, I'm just dreaming, I'll wake up, you're not real!"

He looks up at me, smiling with that menacing smile again, "I'm as real as they come, dearie."

When he pierces me, I wince, but the pain that comes as he pushes on the needle makes me scream. "No, get it off!" My skin burns from the inside and I'm shaking in the chair, trying so hard to break free. "Get it out, get it out, get it out--!"

"Rina!"

I jolt up in bed, panting, each breath heavier than the last, and I feel that same disgusting sweat on my forehead. I look to see who has awoken me and to my surprise, it's Sanha. His eyes are panicked as he holds my hands.

"Are... are you okay?"

I turn and look, Eunwoo is standing at the door, holding a stack of papers as if he had been on his way somewhere. It couldn't have been a vision after all.

"I-I'm fine. Just a nightmare I suppose." I place my hand on my head, feeling it pound.

"Your head hurts?" Eunwoo asks, genuinely concerned.

"I might just have a migraine..."

Sanha looks over at Eunwoo and the older's eyes glow blue, he immediately drops what he has in his hands as he watches his vision, "Impossible..."

"What is it hyung?"

"You just had a vision, didn't you?" Eunwoo is quick to sit next to Sanha, grabbing onto my shoulders, my hands slipping from Sanha's.

"What, no, I had a nightmare."

"You immediately knew it wasn't a dream, everything felt so real, you called for me thinking it was a vision, didn't you?"

I look at Sanha behind him, he looks just as confused as I am, "Yes but, I couldn't have had a vision on my own."

"Not necessarily..." Rocky is at the door with Erin, the two look concerned as if they had terrible news. 

"What's going on? Please don't keep me in the dark."

Eunwoo helps me to my feet and looks at Rocky, "She's inhering our powers isn't she?"

"I'm afraid it's a little more complicated than that," Erin holds out her hand, "Come, darling, let's talk somewhere quiet." She then turns to Eunwoo and Sanha with a cold stare, "Just the three of us please."