✨10✨

Rocky types faster than any secretary or gamer I had ever seen in front of a computer. He sighs every so often or hums to himself as if agreeing with whatever he finds and reads. Looking around, this was no ordinary laboratory. Although the white walls and the metal counters were very fitting, just now I noticed the plants hanging at each corner and above me. It added a more lively feel to this place.

"How can you take away my power? Are you even sure you can?"

Rocky twists in his chair and rolls his way over as I sit on top of an examination table. "There's plenty of methods I could go about it. I could inject you with a serum that attacks whatever vaccines were overdosed in your system, but that could cause the vaccines to counterattack and your body to develop a high fever in order to shut itself down."

Blinking my eyes in what seems to be his uncertainty, he laughs.

"Okay, no to that one." Rocky crosses his arms as he thinks, looking up at the ceiling as if staring at the plants.

"Why do you have plants here?"

The scientist looks back down at me, a subtle smile on his face. "I experiment on them."

"Oh..." I chuckle as I bring my hands up as a defense to my amusement. "I'm sorry, I just maybe hoped you had a little bit of kindness towards the plants..."

"You're thinking I spray them with chemicals or something." Rocky then stands on the unsteady desk chair, the wheels making him wobble which makes me stand up in reflex to support him, grabbing the chair. "I actually make them medicine and developed certain water that rejuvenates them. These plants will live on forever if I can perfect the formula."

He touches one of the flowers as he smiles to himself, his colors suddenly fade a tad, and the grey and the white that surround the bright pink almost seem gone

He touches one of the flowers as he smiles to himself, his colors suddenly fade a tad, and the grey and the white that surround the bright pink almost seem gone. But that only lasts a second as he looks back down at me. "What are you doing holding my chair?"

"You're on a chair with wheels! What if you fall?"

"Rina, I am a scientist, not an idio—Ah!"

Just like that, he starts to fall and I quickly grab onto his hands so he won't fall face first. The chair is kicked back by his legs and he pushes me slightly as he lands on his feet. Looking up, our eyes meet and I see the color of his eyes for the first time—green. They are such a beautiful color, it makes me hate when he has those cold looks that make his eyes fall and darken.