✨4✨

I sit against a cold surface, my eyes barely open as light shines through them but no actual image shows itself, everything is so bright I have to close my eyes again. My body feels limp and weak... What's happening?

"You overdid it, Hyung."

"If you had tried harder, maybe she would have given in instead."

"I did try! My charms... I-I don't think they work on her."

"Impossible. There's nothing that indicates that she has a reflector power of any kind. I think you are just slacking off again Sanha."

"At least I didn't make her so tired she can't even stand straight!"

"Watch your tone with me. Plus that was the whole point."

I feel a sudden pain in the inside of my elbow, right on my vein. It reminds me of when Jihyo took me to get my routine bloodwork done but was too scared to go on my own, and I realize what was going on. They're checking if I was indeed tested. Against my will.

"I'm sorry Miss Hwang." I feel a touch on my arm, it's soft and it calms my anger. "What we are doing may feel wrong but a little bit of faith will help you understand we are trying to help you."

Finally, I gain recognition of the voices. Rocky must be the one taking the blood out of my arm, Sanha has to be the one being scolded for his tone, and the new voice is JinJin's.

I can feel my mouth again, and I have control of at least that part of me. Speaking feels harder than ever and my mouth feels so dry, I crave water as I have never had a drop in my life. "I want answers," Speaking hurts with this thirst. 

"She's a needy one."

"Bin, shut it." I hear JinJin sigh as if he is frustrated with everything going on. "You can ask as many questions as you want tomorrow morning when we all wake up. After these tests, you'll be tired and we are tired from our day as well. Rocky will have the results ready by tomorrow and unfortunately, Eunwoo is still in trance—"

"And MJ Hyung is having an over-sensory episode as well, don't forget the other freak."

"Moonbin, you got anywhere else to be annoying at?" The tone in JinJin's question is more of a demand, but Moonbin doesn't take the hint.

"Not really, have you forgotten our situation?"

"Just... Go, please."

I hear Moonbin scoff just as my eyes begin opening up again, and the clack of his combat boots makes my head pound with each step. "Not like you ever need me..." He slams the door shut behind him and it makes me wince in pain.

JinJin smiles as he sees me look at him, still adjusting to the light, I notice how worried his eyes look and the way his color narrows in itself. His worry makes the headache lessen, and the anger completely dissipates.

 His worry makes the headache lessen, and the anger completely dissipates