✨5✨

When I awoke, restless and still wanting answers, I thought I'd be the first one to be out of their bedroom. I was too eager to know if something was abnormal within me. I needed to get out of here as soon as possible if otherwise.

I thought, maybe the silence and the quiet will help ease my tensed shoulders and the anxious headache that pained me so much. How sweet would the silence have been?

"Ooh~ Early bird like me!" MJ walks into the kitchen, a mug in his hand and a bag of chips, this time, veggies. "How's it going, Rina?"

Sighing, I sit down on the chairs by the counter. "Can't really explain how I feel right now... Just tired, in a way."

"Ah, overwhelmed mentally, tired physically from the running yesterday." He nudges me with his elbow as he sits next to me. "Welcome to the runaway life."

"I'm not a runaway."

He sips from, what I can at least smell, is not coffee. "Sure, whatever you say."

I clear my throat as I point at him. "What's your power?"

MJ rolls his eyes. "What does it matter?"

"Just trying to make conversation, really."

He purses his lips and turns to me. "Well, I'm freak numero uno." He puts down the mug and points at his ears as he pulls back his hair, revealing earplugs. "I have enhanced senses, as well as a seventh sense added onto me."

"We only have five senses—"

"Gut feeling scientifically is proven to be a sixth sense." He waves his hand as if to dismiss me. "But yeah, everything is like ten times louder, smellier, clearer— You get the point."

"And your seventh sense?"

He shakes his head. "It's too complex to understand. Trust me, it's a trait that only serves for comedic purposes, not my character arc."

"You speak a lot in book metaphors."

"Yeah." MJ blinks as he smiles. "Metaphors." He clears his throat and looks down at his mug. "I can also teleport and have a cloaking ability."

I bite my lip, thinking of the others. "What are the others' powers?"

"Oh, you are using me as exposition." MJ nods before chugging down his drink and exhaling. There was something about how carefree he was that was unsettling to me. His and the others' situation wasn't that of being playful all the time. Even with the energy and his color being slightly unsettling, it was definitely a change from the usually fallen eyes and pout forming at the other's mouths.

 Even with the energy and his color being slightly unsettling, it was definitely a change from the usually fallen eyes and pout forming at the other's mouths