✨17✨

Today, we set off on foot.

JinJin does not look so confident when he asks Moonbin to help Rocky count our supplies, but I see the way Moonbin smiles at the request. MJ teleports in and out of our stop area, trying to get a sense of the area as well as see if anybody has caught up to us. Eunwoo is unloading our bags onto a cart that Moonbin will also be in charge of, but that was because of his strength.

Sanha and I are hiding the van in leaves, twigs, and dirt, probably the most tedious job.

"Rina." When I turn to look at Sanha, he looks light-hearted.

Ever since I cured his memory on that part of his power, he started remembering other little things, always showing them off. There was the time he made clouds grey and instead of his typical storms, they were light showers that provided us with extra water. Then there were the small tornadoes he started creating in his hands. JinJin was not a fan of things flying around the car, but nothing made me happier than seeing Sanha's color be almost completely bright yellow, those cracks of grey and black dots having almost disappeared.

"Do you think you could help me again?"

I smile and nod as I drop another big branch on top of the van, "I sure can try. What would you like to remember?"

Sanha purses his lips and he looks behind him, where JinJin stands, talking with MJ. When he turns back, he speaks low, "You promise not to say anything?"

"Cross my heart, hope to not die," I chuckle as I grab his extended hand. "Now what memory needs to remain a secret."

"That day." Sanha sighs, "Everyone talks about the day everything happened when we escaped. They said it was because, well..." He leans in real close to my ear and whispers, "They overworked Rocky's powers and he exploded the building."

My eyes widened, right I forgot. Rocky wasn't just smart, his main power was disintegration. I nod, "I'm not entirely sure how I can make you remember that day but I can try."

"I don't want to remember just to remember," Sanha rubs his neck, turning away as if embarrassed. "That's when I lost my memory, and I don't know why."

I look behind him, everyone was still busy. JinJin had been clear with me that he did not want me to use my powers unless absolutely necessary, and that he didn't want me to get used to them. But Sanha seemed eager to remember, to return to normal, or the most normal he could be. I wasn't going to deprive him of that opportunity.

Sanha holds out his hand and I grab onto it, "Ready?"

Sanha just nods and clenches his eyes shut, knowing that if this worked, the memory wouldn't be a pretty one.

Despite JinJin not wanting me to be used to this power, I had gotten very used to it. I knew how it worked. When inflicted with pain, I could control the energy received and transform the pain into a wave of energy to repel back. I don't think I even need to be hit again in order to use the said wave of energy. When healing, sometimes all I needed was to know the cause of the injury. A cut from a knife. A bruise from a punch. Other times all I had to do was wish to take the pain as my own, I'd feel it transfer to me, and then my body would heal it away.

With Sanha, it was tricky. To recover a memory without knowing why he lost it, I couldn't really wish to take the pain away. All I could do was try.

Through his hand, a feel my energy drain. I feel tired, fatigued even, it's strange. I've never felt this way before, running out of breath, and even panicking.

I look up to see Sanha nothing but calm, instead of clenched eyes, just closed, breathing evenly, hands steady while mine shook, and I felt like I was going to faint.