✨6✨

I sat at the examination table as everyone talked amongst themselves in front of me.

"How can you be sure?" The leader asks, trying to remain calm, not for them but for me as he feels my gaze on them.

"I did every test possible on her blood, all came back positive." The scientist answers, trying to make everyone back away from him as if further explaining won't change the result.

"Even the chemicals?" The youngest asks in a soft voice but the look he receives is rather disapproving as if he should not have asked.

Rocky rolls his eyes in response to the continued questioning look, "I said all possible tests, didn't I?"

"Is there any way to know what she went through?" Eunwoo asks, grabbing Rocky's attention.

"Physical test-wise? Not really. All her blood indicates is an obvious intake of every possible chemical, a few vaccines were double dosed into her system which I found odd, but nothing too advanced. Plenty of random extracts of ingredients like ginseng and tea leaves." Rocky sighs as he scratches his head. "She was there for only a few hours and pretty sedated from the looks of it. And she was mumbling a lot in her sleep about colors."

"I see colors when I meet people," I say softly, only to be quickly shut down.

Rocky rolls his eyes yet again, annoyed. "Yeah, that's not too crazy, it's called associative synesthesia. Four percent of the population has it."

"Any signs of abilities awakening?" MJ curiously asks as he munches on chips, said food being snatched from his hands and thrown in the trash.

"I've told you, no food in here." Rocky shakes his head, and his annoyance increases with each question. "No."

"But when we first made contact I detected powers already, she hadn't been kidnapped then," JinJin adds with wide eyes. "Does she have a mark?"

"Not in any recognizable part."

The conversation just carried on, I couldn't help but block out the voices, the worry. What had they done to me? Chemicals, vaccines... food?

"Feeling left out?"

I shake the questions away as I turn to Moonbin, who sat next to me but kept his distance. "I'm the subject of the conversation yet no one is telling me what exactly is wrong."

"Welcome to the party." The white-haired boy sighs as he pulls on his long sleeves so they cover his hands and places them on the edge of the table. "So it was a good idea to stay."

"I have my conditions." I turn to him, serious and with the most confidence I can pull at the moment. "I am not staying here unless they agree to some things."

"Good luck with that." Moonbin looks down at his hands, raising them as he lets go of the sleeves. "Asked for gloves, got super long sleeves. Asked to be included more..." He turns and I follow as I look at the other five argue. "Got left out completely."

"Do you know each other only because of the scientists?"

He shakes his head as he turns to me. "No... I think."

"You think?" I pointed at Sanha. "Do you have amnesia as well?"

"We all do, but not like Sanha." The boy pulls on his sleeves again and traces lines on the examination table with the fabric wrapping his hands. "We don't remember our past lives. My earliest memory is a scientist telling me my name as they tattooed a number on my arm. Who knows if that is my name."

"How long do you think you were there?"

He looks up, humming to himself. "I remember a year so maybe a year and a half of being there." He nods his head towards Sanha, who is pulling on Rocky's lab coat. "We all can't remember but Sanha..." I hear the pain in his sigh and I know there is more to it. "We don't know what happened. He woke up one day and couldn't remember how to control or use his powers. Forgot basic knowledge that we didn't know ourselves and became... different."