✨1✨

The light from my window pries my eyes open, but instead of my room's ceiling greeting me, it's the sky.

I jerk up to realize the light is not coming from my window, but it's actually from the sun peering through the horizon.

Where am I?

I stand up, my bare feet feeling so uncomfortable against this forest's soil. Looking around for a sign of life isn't helpful as there seem to only be trees for miles and miles.

"Hello?" Just as I finish my call, I hear a rustle of leaves from behind me. I turn around, searching for a sign of movement, but nothing. I sigh with relief as I realize, it was probably just me.

"Who are you?" I yelp as I turn around again, backing away from... a boy? A handsome one at that. Disheveled, jet black hair and the color of this soil appeared again in his eyes.

"I asked, who are you?"

"Rina. H-Hwang Rina." I looked around again. "Where are we?"

He looked around as well, his light skin glowing with the sun as it rose above the horizon ever so quickly. "That's what I'd like to know." He walked closer to a tree we stood by and placed his hand on the trunk before nodding. "Seoul Forest, it seems."

I blink in disbelief as I take a step toward him. "Seoul? I live in Daegu..."

The boy smiles as he chuckles. "I guess you must have fallen asleep and taken here."

"Maybe..." There was something about his color... it was there. I didn't know him and if I was dreaming, the color would never perceive in an unknown person. It was a muddle of grey, maybe? It was very faint. I can't be dreaming then, I see him and his color after all.

He looks away, almost a knowing look in his eyes as he smiles. "You didn't—" His head jerks up as he stares at something behind me.

"What is it?" I turn around, nothing there though.

"Run."

Before I can ask why, he grabs onto my wrist and dashes forward, making me run after him. I turn my head as we run, and suddenly a black SUV comes into view. I look back and the boy is huffing as we run.

"Come on!"

Why are we being followed? Why us? Who is this boy? I look back and the car is even closer than before. I can't see through the windows yet I can't really focus on running and also identifying anything. "They're catching up to us!"

I look at him as he begins to slow down, suddenly taking a sharp turn towards a big tree. He pulled me behind the trunk and I thought we would keep running but instead, he pulled me into his arms. "Keep quiet."

I nodded as I looked around, searching for the car that sounded so far away.

He pulled on my wrist and knelt down, me going down with him. From close, his color changes. Purple but with swirls of white running course through him. This isn't a dream, it can't be. "This will be over soon. At least for today."