The winning side

The sky was dark blue in the dessert.

Macaque covers his eye while walking through the sand.

Behind him was his ship all broken.

He sighed taking out a compass, it opened to reveal two small circles overlapping each other with an arrow that had a flame pointing forward.

He glared at the compass.

|Flashback|

Macaque grunted as he was thrown onto the floor.

He turned around, glaring at the Mayor who stood there smiling, his eyes glowing a bright cyan.

He gritted his teeth, getting back up Ready to the mayor who simply just disappeared.

He stopped right at the edge staring at the city down below.

Turning around he heard whispers, he saw the staff buried in ice.

"The staff..? The city..?" He turned around.

"You've been busy.." he said to lady bone demon.

"Woah, what happened to you?" He asked, tangled hair torn dress a chain still holding onto her arm.

She glared and ignored the question.

"Tell me, what madness over came you, to make you break your oath? When did you decide to betray me?" She asked.

Macaque shurg's, "Listen Lady bone de-" he was cut off as she opened her eyes, a shockwave.

"Have you forgotten who I am? What I am!? I, who returned you to the mortal  plane, all in exchange for such A little favor that when the time came you'd free me, aid in my pursuit of equilibrium But no, with the first breath of a new life, you rebelled against your fate!" Her voice echoed.

Macaque fell to the floor from the flash of memories.

"So, You want something" He says.

"I offer one more chance at redemption, Bring me the Monkey king and his protege perhaps you will be worthy of my mercy"

Macaque looks at her questioningly.

"What, do not want that girl anymore? Scared?" He asked as he chuckled.

"Oh, my dear Monkey..I will not need her for the time but when the time do ever comes, I'll come to her, myself "

Macaque gritted his teeth.

A bright flash of blue, a compass in her hand.

It floated down to Macaque who grabbed it looking up at her.

"And this is..?" He asked.

"A compass, of sorts, no matter where they flee this will find them"

"Convenient, Alrighty then seems like they've got a bit of headway, so-"

A giant blue spell circle appeared underneath him, chains came out and wrapped themselves around his arm.

He grunted.

"What is this!?" He glared as the mayor appeared behind.

"A reminder" Lady bone demon responded.

"It seems you cannot be trusted to willingly follow the path of destiny, but know this, if you betray me again, one more misstep, one failure in any way"