20

"It won't fit, you gotta squeeze

"It won't fit, you gotta squeeze." I said groaning.

"It's no use, it won't fit no matter how tightly I try squeezing it." I give up and back away.

He looks funny the way he is right now. He looks like a little boy with his slightly smaller bike and helmet that won't fit him. And his arms crossed because he didn't want to do this.

"Sorry, not my fault your heads bigger than mine." I laugh and he takes the helmet off.

"I can't learn, I don't wanna fucking do this." He grouches like a little old man.

"Not with that attitude you can't . C'mon you gotta be positive, think of all the things you can do with a bike." I reason and let go of the seat where I was keeping him steady.

He loses balance and quickly but slowly falls to the ground. The bike falls on top of him and he looks more pissed. That was not my fault...

"And that, my friend is why you need a helmet." I chuckle nervously but he just glared at me.

"Now get up and let's try again." I clap my hands and take a deep breath.

"No, fuck this." He stands up and picks up the bike.

I want him to learn because it's a good experience and core memory when you first start learning how to ride a bike. I remember dad taught me when I was younger but I taught  myself how to ride without the training wheels last year.

And he laughed at me every time before that.

But that's besides the point, I want Heath to experience the excitement of it all too. I've come to realize that he probably didn't get the chance to do many things most kids do as a child. And I want to help him learn to have fun in life.

So he will learn. Wether he likes it or not.

"Do you have to say that word in every sentence? Can't you be mad without all the swearing?" I put my hands on my hips like teachers do.

"No" He looks at my hips before letting go of the bike, but it just falls again because the stopper wasn't out.

"You gotta-" I reach for the bike but he sends me a look and I automatically know he's about to snap.

"I know what to do." He snaps and picks up the bike, kicking the stopper out.

"Okay, Jeez."I put my hands up in defense.
Someone's a sassy muffin.

"Look if I'm going to teach you, you have to listen to me and put your listening ears on. Because It won't work if you don't listen and pay attention to me." I started realizing how I sounded more and more like a teacher.

"Now get your voluptuous butt on the seat and I'll hold the back of your seat so you don't fall." I place myself in the position behind the seat and he looks hesitant but thankfully he doesn't complain and just gets on.