44

I have come to an understanding that Heath has issues

I have come to an understanding that Heath has issues. And it's not just the mommy and daddy issues, like I thought it was. Based on what I know about his past and childhood, his issues started from him as a child.

I didn't know the whole story, just bits and pieces that he would tell me on rare occasions. Of course I wanted to just ask and ask him questions about himself but I don't know if that's fair to ask. I don't want him to think he has to but at the same time, I think it would be good for him to talk about it.

In the last couple of months that I have known him, I have obviously seen a more realistic version of Heath that I know he doesn't always perceive himself to be. But he's also had his moments where he would burst, sudden out bursts of anger.

He'd isolate himself from the world, with an upset, angry attitude. He'd push me away for days, three days actually. But I couldn't just let him be all alone, it wasn't healthy.

I know he wasn't the most joyous person but some days he would just get angry and curse everyone out. Today just happened to be another one of those days.

I used to think that maybe he was having a bad day, everyone gets those so I would listen to him when he told me to go away. But I don't think it's usual for him to hold in his anger for this long, and want to isolate himself. Even from me.

"I tried talking to him but he told me to go fuck myself. So, prepare yourself to hear the same thing." Duke has a look of worrisome and exhaustion on his face that just makes me feel for him.

Dukes been around longer than I have, he knows how Heath is and what to expect by now. But even he looked like he was physically tired of the same routine that Heath would make him do.

"Did he say anything else?" I ask him before I go upstairs.

"Just that he wanted to be alone but that's pretty much it." He crosses his arms and shakes his head, now seeming frustrated with him.

I lean down and scoop up Buddy in my hands, hoping that things will go well. I call Beau over to walk with me up the stairs and I stand right in front of Heaths locked door.

I knock gently before putting my ear to the door, I didn't hear much of anything. I waited thirty more seconds just in case but the door remained closed.

"Heath, it's me." I spoke loudly so that he could hear me.

"I have Buddy with me and Beaus here too, I think he really wants to see you. Can we come in, please?" I call out and watch as Beau starts whining as he scratches the door.

The door suddenly opens, honestly I didn't expect him to open up that quickly. Beau wags his tail at the sight of him, his mood changing to happiness in a flash when he sees him. Heath offers Beau a few pats on the head before walking back over to the side of the bed and sitting on the floor.