47

Two days without seeing Heath and I'm still alive

Two days without seeing Heath and I'm still alive. I did some interesting solo activities like, going to the park which I realized was always more fun when you had someone with you.

I have also been practicing my driving with dad, even though Heath said he'd teach me, I think he wouldn't mind. Dad says my driving has gotten a lot better from the last time I attempted to drive. Turns out I can drive without hitting any garbage bins.

Currently I was working, being the best waitress that I am I took it upon myself to memorize the entire menu. But I'm me, so of course I forgot the whole thing in under two minutes.

"Well what do you recommend?" The guy asks me. He was dressed in a varsity jacket along with the four other dudes at his booth.

"I really like the waffles, especially with strawberries and whipped cream. But that's just because I have such a sweet tooth in the morning. Maybe you'll like it too, if you're like me." I stop myself from talking his ear off.

I was lacking conversation so I'd chat away with the customers even when they had an annoyed look on their face. Luckily, this guy here didn't have that look on his face.

"That sounds delicious, right boys?" He asks, looking around the table. The rest of the guys just nod in agreement.

"I also top it with a side of chocolate milk. My boyfriend and I really are chocolate milk addicts. Sorry I'm getting too personal. Feel free to shut me up whenever." I purse my lips, hiding my hands behind my back.

"It's okay, we don't mind. We'll take your word and go for the waffles." The guy smiles, showing his pearly white teeth. He reminds me of a golden retriever.

"Okay!" I write it down on my little notepad and walk back over to the other side of the counter. Giving the chef the note of their order.

"I'm exhausted. It's only 9am and we're packed." Noa cowers her head over as she takes a seat.

"I know! It's so much more fun when it's full." I smile and look around at the people.

"Fun? I don't call working fun, but I'm saving up for a car. Girls like girls with cars." Noa winks and gets her phone from her bag.

I observe her as she scrolls through her phone. She looked much older than her age, she was pretty and fun to talk to. Sometimes I'd forget I'm older. Her dark hair was tied back into a ponytail, her bangs fell loosely along her forehead looking perfectly trimmed.

I look down at the septum piercing she had put in, I imagine it to hurt a lot when she got it. She had told me how she wanted to get more piercings when she was older since her parents weren't too fond of the idea of piercings. That thought makes me want to pierce my ears, I'd never gotten them pierced so I missed out on earrings.

"You said you pierced your own ears?" I ask her, getting an idea. She looks away from her phone and brings her attention to me.

"Yeah, why?" She narrows her eyes skeptically. Bingo.