30

I look around and then behind me, making sure no one else was around

I look around and then behind me, making sure no one else was around. Just in case.

"You're asking me?" I point to myself and he lightly swings himself on the swing.

"No, your mom." He grumbles and I can't help but laugh.

He just made a your mom joke, he really is perfect. My Gosh.

"Well in that case, good luck impressing her." I scoff playfully, she's one hard lady to make happy. Especially if you're me.

"So, will you?" He looks down at his feet, getting shy. At least I think that's what's happening.

"Hmm, will I, Thalia go on a date with Heath?" I tap my chin, pretending to think hard about it.

"Hurry up and answer or I'll take it back." He rolls his eyes and I chuckle.

"Of course I will! " A smile falls upon my face just by the thought of it, I can't help it.

He finally asked me out. Honestly I was about to ask him out if he didn't ask me any time soon. I think we can all say it's about time, right.

"When is our little date?" I ask happily, swinging my legs back and forth so that I could swing high.

I like swings and the feeling of going higher and higher into the sky. Kinda like flying. Now I wish I could fly. If only, I could. Birds are lucky.

"Tomorrow" He responds and lucky him, I'm free.

"Tomorrow it is then. I'm excited, aren't you? What are we going to do?" I ask, even though I rather it be a surprise, I'm too curious for my own good.

"You'll see." He answers me, standing up from the swing.

"Get your butt back on that seat. Fly with me." I point to the seat next to me and he follows my point.

"Fly?" He asks, confused as to what I meant.

"Yeah. Hop on and you'll see what I'm talking about." I said and he listens to me.

As he should. He knows the consequences if he doesn't.

He puts the slurpy down and Gets on the seat, he looks at me for further instructions. I land my feet to steady myself from moving.

"Okay, now swing your legs and make yourself go as high as you can." I tell him and start doing it myself.

I can tell he thinks this is dumb by the look on his face but I simply don't care. He follows my actions and soon we're both in the air, swinging back and forth.

"Now close your eyes." I told him and as always he questions me.

"Why? This is stupid." He scoffs and I shake my head.

"Will you just do it, please." He can never listen can he?

I close my eyes and hope he follows along with me but I can't tell cause I can't see. If you close your eyes and have a wild imagination like mine, you'll really feel like you're flying.