54

Today is the day

Today is the day. The day I've been keeping my mouth shut for weeks. Heaths 23rd birthday.

"I love you so much." I kiss him hard on the lips and he smiles at me, one of the genuine ones.

I love birthdays, especially celebrating other peoples birthdays. You can imagine how I woke him up, I made waffles. Actually I just toasted them, I'm just taking the credit. Breakfast in bed while hearing me talk about how much I loved him.

Maybe more since today is his special day.

"You're growing up so fast." I place a hand over my heart like parents would do when they see their grown child.

"My sweet little grumpy old man." I ruffle his hair in which he slaps my hand away. Yeah, he doesn't like that.

"I'm not old." Heath sasses me quite quickly too.

"Of course not. You still beg for slurpee's and chocolate milk." I snort out a laugh but he doesn't react.

I brought us slurpee's even though it was still early in the morning.  I had a whole plan today, one he didn't know of. And I had to keep it like that for a while longer.

While Heath and I were out and about, Lola and Duke were decorating the house. At least I hope they were, Im depending on Lola because I know Duke can get side tracked. 

"It's your birthday and Halloween?!? Aren't you lucky." I lightly punch him on the shoulder.

"I don't like Halloween." He admits and my jaw drops.

"Why not?" I ask him and he shrugs. I love it, although my favorite holiday is thanksgiving because we get to eat. Love that.

"You finally get to be your scary self today without questions!" I explain to him.

"We're picking out each other's costumes remember?" I tug on his sleeve a d I don't miss the look on his face when he rolls his eyes as he looks away.

"You can pick out any costume for me and I can do the same for you. It'll be fun." I nudge him, trying to convince him. Luckily, he doesn't need much convincing when it comes to me.

"Anything I want?" He asks, with a mischievous look. I don't like that.

"Shore." I pat his back and get up.

"As long as you wear what I pick out for you, then I'll wear anything you pick out for me. Deal?" We stare at each other eye to eye and he finally agrees.

"Fine." He stands up and walks to the car, the blue raspberry slurpee in his left hand.

"Are you coming?" He nods me over and I walk over to him to catch up.

Am I coming? I sure hope I am soon. Gosh.

"After you." Heath walks to my side of the door and opens it for me. I raise a brow at this because usually I'm the one that does it for him.