Chapter 4 ❤️

Eventually all the campers arrived and annoying old Kevin had someone to be grown up with. Kevin and all the rest of the kids freaked out when they found out Cameron was going to be their counselor so I guess it would be fair to say he was not just popular with the ladies. None of them were that excited to see me though. Oh well I guess that means Cameron will get more visitors and be asked more questions than I will. Darn.

Cameron led a small tour around the camp which most of the kids already knew, but it was mandatory so they'd have to suck it up. I don't blame them for not paying attention though. I mean it was half of the children's fifth or fourth year here and the camp wasn't looking any different. Instead of listening they all just messed around which meant that for the second time today I was the only one paying any attention. But I'll give Rob this, the camp looked pretty cool.

In the whole humongous ass camp there were one hundred cabins, a sand filled volleyball court, a basketball court, a large field where football and soccer could apparently be played, a lake, and a large Forrest where campers can go hiking and camping and where they held the games. One kid, who was also new, asked what "The Games" was and I was a little shocked to see she picked up on the fact that it wasn't just regular games like tag or hide and go seek but it was an actual event. Not even I had realized that.

"Here at Rob's Summer Camp, Top Man Rob," as I found out he liked to be called, "holds the annual Hunger Games Games," Cameron tells us and the children burst into cheers. "It's an event that's usually just a couple days. It really all depends on how long it is until a winner is crowned."

The little new girl raised her hand, not quite as high as some of the other kids could due to her lack of height, but still enough to be seen. "Isn't that a little dangerous?" She asked in an adorable high pitched voice. I had to fight the urge to run over and give her a hug because of her cuteness and trust me, it was hard.

Cameron smiled at her and shook his head. "We usually use a bunch of this Nerf products and have judges around so you all don't cheat, that way no one will be hurt. And we also won't have some of the younger campers play so you don't risk hurting them or risk them messing around and somehow hurting you."

"This year we all just made the cut off age!" A boy cheered making the rest of them shout out too. I laughed at their little child rally going on and then realized something which stopped my laughter.

"Are we competing in this Hunger Games thing?" I question as everyone's head turns toward me.

"It's Hunger Games Games," someone corrected me but I just shushed them out of habit. I gave them a sorry half smile once I realized what I've don't, but they can't blame. I know it was childish but I wanted to know the answer to this and they were interrupting.

Cameron shook his head and chuckled. Was he laughing at me or was that an answer? "Most of us do. There are only a few select people he has as the judges who go around and make sure we aren't being too violent and we're following the rules, but other than that counselors play." He tells me. "Why? Do you have a target already?" He asks and I snort loudly, making a few kids laugh. Wow that was really attractive, Cass! Good job!

"No," I reply, a bit self consciously. "I was actually looking forward to sitting out." I admit this honestly and don't regret the words one bit.

Cameron's lip turns up into a smile and it makes me so incredibly happy that he's enjoying the fact that I don't wanna participate in an activity (note the sarcasm). But really was there anything wrong with being lazy? No. So him and his attractive face and adorable laugh can walk themselves right out of here.

I shake my head to try rid myself of those weird negative thoughts and attitude. It's been almost an hour and these kids already have me on edge. "No, Camp Counselor Cass!" Kevin whined and I smile when I see how disappointed he is by the fact that I didn't want to play along side him. Maybe we did really bond over the fiasco that went on earlier. "Play with us! So I can kill you- kill you in the game of course," he finishes and my jaw drops.