Chapter 11 ❤️

I woke up to Jackie jumping on my bed and nearly scaring the pee out of me. "Jesus!" I gasped out of horror.

"Ha!" Jackie laughed, moving off the bed. My heart was still pounding as I sat up and rubbed my eyes. Nothing like a terrifying near pee experience to get you up in the morning! After a yawn and a stretch, I look at the bottom bunk for Alyssa's familiar face, but don't see anything.

No surprise. For the past couple of days she's been a bit distant. Don't get me wrong, she's still nice and cheery, but she seems to find a lot of excuses to leave. Probably because I've been spending more time with Jack and Jackie.

But Alyssa can't blame me for that. I can't how much fun I'm having with the other group and all their many perks. Too bad my conscience doesn't allow me to fully become friends with them. It's always crying about how they're the "bad" group and that's not where I belong. That I can't hang out with people who turned on their longtime friends because then they could easily do it to me. Also they screwed over Cam and that's not very cool. Cam! Shit!

At the sound of his name I remember the task I was given by myself Tuesday-three days ago. I was supposed to talk to him about what happened Monday night when we ditched the bonfire.

I don't really have to do that, do I? I ask the universe silently, but I already know the answer. Since I always narrowly avoid the subject, I honestly have no other choice.

As I think back to my traveling back between the two feuding friend groups, I remember just how much I get asked about that night when they all showed up to see me, and were quickly disappointed. Somehow someone always remembers I haven't answered and asks about it. At this point I'm pretty sure they bring it up just to watch me hastily try to change the subject. From snack with Alyssa to lunch with Jackie to going over to Mahogany's cabin to hang out with everyone, I have to constantly worry about them asking. Even the next day when my schedule slightly changes so I spend more time with the alternate group, the worry doesn't fade, although it does slightly decrease.

I think that's why I've been spending a lot of time with Jack recently-or at least that's what I tell myself when I get excited about seeing him. Jackie thinks I get excited because I have a crush on him or something, but I'm an adult and adults don't have crushes.

Who am I kidding? I totally have a crush on Jack, but tell me, who wouldn't have a crush on Jack? He's funny and outgoing and goofy and hot and so many other things I can't help myself! Even though there are many other hot guys in this camp, I don't think any of them are better than Jack. Except maybe Cam.

Yeah there were a few moments when I wondered if I might've even had a crush on Cam too. Whether it was by choice or not, I've spent a lot of time with Cam, we are partners after all. Sometimes I find myself drooling over Cam, but I push away the feelings that come with it because Alyssa likes him and she knew him first. I'm not that kinda girl to screw over my friend who has liked him longer just for my own personal gain. Even if my heart flutters when Cam brushes hair off my forehead, I have to shut it down. For Alyssa's sake.

"Do you know what you're wearing tonight?" Jackie asks me as she pulls her counselor T-shirt over her head.

I button my shorts and began to work on getting my shoes tied and on my feet before simply replying, "nope."

I may be excited for tonight but I haven't really put much thought into the event. I tried not to think about it or talk about it because when I accidentally did, I got an earful from the "good" group about sabotaging it. What a crap "good" group.

"Well then when we get back I'll help you pick something out." Jackie slips on her sunglasses and begins applying lipgloss. "There's gonna be very attractive guys there." She caps her gloss and sends me a smirk.