Chapter 6 ❤️

"I won!" Alyssa shouted, her arms above her head as she ran towards me in excitement. Alyssa completely ignored Jackie, who decided on scooting away to refrain from making the situation awkward, and grinned. She was obviously very excited but I couldn't see why. This was just some stupid capture the flag game. "I mean we won. Sorta. More me though."

"More you?" Jackie asks of Alyssa's choice of words. "It was our team- our children that's how being counselor partners works. So how did you win over the rest of us?" Obviously Jackie wasn't thrilled with the idea that Alyssa claimed herself champion of who knows what while her and their children were assed out.

"I bet Cameron before the game," Alyssa tells me. Neglecting the fact that I didn't ask and frankly, didn't give a crap either.

"Oh." I nod my head, hoping she'll leave it at that. I've already heard more than I wanted so I'm not gonna egg her on with more questions she must answer.

"If he won I would've had to pay for his admittance to participate in poker night but if I won he would've had to drive me to the kickback on Friday!" She says as the excitement basically bursts from her body. Bursts through her body, huh. That's a weird thing to imagine...

"But I thought you said I would get to take you Friday!" Jackie sarcastically whines.

I stifle a laugh as Alyssa narrows her eyes in on the girl sitting a few feet behind me. I then look back to see Jackie pouting as she looks up at Alyssa. It's getting harder and harder to keep from laughing.

I swallow down my laughs and look up at her, "I think a car ride together is what you two need." In order for you to finally tel Cameron how you feel about him and keep from acting like we're in middle school.

Why am I being so rude to Alyssa? She was nice to me first! I owe her some form of gratitude, don't I? Her big doe browns eyes look at me so innocently and immediately I feel bad for my past thoughts. God I need to resist hugging her.

"Yeah, I'm hoping to take that as an opportunity to talk to him about us and everything." She smiles as she grabs onto her own hand in front of her and swings side to side like the naive little being she is. Wow I bet she could get away with a bunch of shit with her parents if she did that often enough.

Ha! Imagine! Alyssa sneaking back in after a party with pounds of makeup and a short dress, reeking of alcohol. As long as she pulled the same thing she's doing now, I bet her parents would carry her to her room and tuck her into bed, right after pulling off her black stilettos that are smelly with someone's throw up.

"Hopefully," I smile just as Cameron walks up behind her. Cameron throws an arm around Alyssa's shoulder and looks down at me.

"Hopefully what, Cass?" He questions as Alyssa blushes underneath his arm.

"Hopefully Cass'll get a log seat at the ceremony tonight!" Alyssa covers for me although I could've just told him it was nothing.

Cameron gives me a questioning glance and Alyssa takes this as an opportunity to mouth, you're welcome and I nearly roll my eyes. She thought I was gonna tell her thank you for saying I was excited to go get a log seat for an event I knew nothing about?

"Oh you're going to go tonight?" Cameron questions.

I look at Alyssa who has bright eyes and a smile and wish I could hate her. "Yeaaaah." I elongate the word so Alyssa could notice the hesitancy in my voice. What the hell ceremony were they talking about?

"Cool," he replies. Thank god that was all he decided to say on the subject. "How bout I walk you over there later?" He offers. Shit, walk me where?