Chapter 14 ❤️

"Why have you been ignoring me?" I ask, getting straight to the point. I wasn't about to dance around the subject-I've been suffering for way too long.

"Are you joking?" Alyssa scoffs as she crosses her arms against her chest. She leaned back and shot me a look I can almost guarantee Jackie has seen a million times before.

"No." I retaliate, standing up straight. Two can play this game.

Alyssa rolls her eyes and huffs. "You ditched Cam."

I wait longer for the actual reason, but nothing comes. What? Is she waiting or something? "Is that all?" I question when I see that waiting for more of an answer is futile. Alyssa nods and a wave of I don't know maybe rage or something hits me like a brick.

"Yeah! Do you need anything more than that?" She scoffs.

"Yes!" I shout back, throwing out my arms. "Usually people need a lot more to exile someone. They usually had to, like, kill someone or betray their country and I'm pretty sure I've done neither."

"Yes you have! You've done one of those things actually," Alyssa tells me.

"What? No I haven't! What are you talking about?" My head spins and spins as I try and decipher her words. "Alyssa, do you know how crazy you sound right now?"

"Cass, you betrayed us. Your friends. Your country. And now we are exiling you. That's what happens when you become allies with the enemy." Alyssa places her hands on her hips and sticks her nose in the air. Immediately, anyone can see just how serious she is about this.

"What the hell! This isn't war! I don't understand why I can't be friends with both of you guys?" By this point I felt exasperated and hated the idea of this all. It was honestly so ridiculous! We're all legally adults so why can't anyone act like one?

"No. Not until Jackie is truly sorry," she says, clenching her jaw. "They must surrender first."

I sigh, "this isn't war, you know that? There was a minor thing that caused tension between friends, that's all. There's no need to go shutting people out." My voice is so level and calm that I slightly surprise myself. "Anyways, Jackie's the one who deserves an apology."

Wait. Did I just say that what I think I said?

"What?" Alyssa questions, looking taking aback. "What- what are you talking about?"

"Nothing," I reply, hastily shutting the subject down. Shit. I forgot about how other people weren't aware of Cameron's cheating. If it wasn't for him then Jackie wouldn't of felt hurt and tried to get even and this whole fiasco wouldn't be happening right now.

Maybe I should just tell her and that way Alyssa could tell everyone and maybe reunite the groups. If everyone knows the truth then we could all be friends again can't we? Or would that just turn everyone against Cam? Is his alienation worth the sacrifice for the group?

"Fine then," Alyssa says as something I couldn't quite catch flashes in her eyes. "If you're just going to stand there, then I'm leaving," she states as she gathers herself. Alyssa huffs and goes to leave, but stops, remembering something. "One last thing though, next time we exile you, learn to stay away," she tells me, and with that, she turned on her heels and stalked away.

And I didn't chase after her.

"Do we really have to go to this?" I ask Jackie once a campfire comes into view in the distance. We were on a campsite on the other side of the lake and although you could easily see across from the shore, the walk was nowhere near easy, and if anything I needed easy. It's only been two days into the week and It's already been hell with my partner ignoring me.