Chapter 9 ❤️

Sorry don't know why they don't publish
----------------------------

"Walkie talkies?" I question, looking at the device I now held in my hand. "Really?"

Jackie shrugs. "My dad really likes 'em. When I was younger we'd always play G.I. Joe together and use the walkie talkies to communicate."

"Aw!" I smile. "That's so cute!"

I wish my dad had done something like that. Instead he bought me an easy bake oven and made me bake for him. I use to make the best brownies, following the directions verbatim, then he'd swoop in and eat what I made. Sometimes I would wait until he feel asleep to bake something then sneak it. Yep, I got that desperate. I'd rather have walkie talkies than be robbed of my desserts by my dad, any day.

"Not really," she shook her head. "I hated G.I. Joe shit. I just wanted to play barbies."

I laughed as we continued to town where our kids were gathered. I felt nervous, even more nervous than yesterday. The first day wasn't so bad and Jackie said that's what everyday was basically like, so I wasn't nervous about that. Nope, the children weren't what made me feel sick, it was, instead, the counselors. Jack and Cameron to be exact.

The thought of confronting them and figuring out what we should each forget and what was discussible, definitely frightened me. Last night was- I don't even know what that was. I was going around and running off with boys then nearly kissing them, like, who does that? Only people in movies and books and shit, but not me.

I am the type of person to eat Cheetos off my pajama top at three in the afternoon. I am the type of person to eat cake for breakfast while I had cereal at hand. I am the type of person to tell my friends I was sick when in reality I was just too lazy to get dressed and go out with them. I am that type of person and these types of things don't happen to my type of people.

Instead I should be swooning over theses guys and muttering about how he's not having my kids or some shit, not actually going out with them! I mean, what kinda flipped reality is this? I don't know what's going on in this crazy ass state, but I think I should've moved here sooner. Or maybe, that's what it is...

I'm the new girl. The new shiny toy in the toy box. An average looking new girl is just what these guys need to come running. Alyssa did say that there hasn't been anyone new in a while so this makes sense. After a few weeks they'll be use to me and move onto something or someone new. I think that's why I need to enjoy this, enjoy it while it all lasts. I may not have been looking for fun when I came here but if the opportunity shows up then I might as well.

Skinny dipping. Huh. Maybe that would be kinda cool.

"Cass." The walkie talkie spoke, scaring the crap out of me.

"Woah," I said, moving the thing away from my body, it getting as far as my arm could extend. "Who the hell-?" I started to say when Jackie lifted a hand to point off somewhere to our right.

I looked out only to see the person who I'm hoping will be able to entertain me for a few weeks.

"You look nice," the voice on the walkie talkie spoke again. "I love that sweater."

I chuckled and raised the radio to my mouth. "You should," I laughed, then looked next to me to see if Jackie was still here, but I was clear of her. She must've went off to get her group and find Alyssa. Plus she probably didn't wanna stand around awkwardly as I flirted with guys. "This is your sweater after all," I said, finishing my previous thought.

I began making my way towards Jack who only stood a small distance away. "Yep, and it looks great on you." He began closing the space between us too and I moved the walkie talkie in front of my face so he wouldn't see my goofy smile.