Chapter 26 ❤️

Half edited I is sorry
__________________________

All day long Cam had been talking about our date tonight. As we stood in line for check-in this morning all the way to when we had to usher the kids back to their cabins after the Hunger Games games ended.

Once we were rid of all the children, Cam immediately grabbed me by my wrist and yanked me-all his excitement causing him to do so. He said that he had the perfect idea for our date and that I was gonna love it.

Sadly, he wasn't right.

"No." I shake my head at Cameron. "This is not happening."

Cameron laughs and steps inside the small teetering boat at the edge of the dock he brought me to. We were a few hundred yards away from the camp now, standing on this rickety old wooden dock and I'm pretty sure I was getting sea sick just standing on it. "C'mon, Cass, just get in. You won't die," Cam pleaded, but I stood my ground.

"Nope this is not happening," I tell him adamantly.

"Why not?" He pouted, giving me the cutest puppy dog face. Maybe I should get in just this once for him. I mean it looks like he's put some thought into this...

No, Cass! I warn myself, don't give in!

"Because!" I argue, fighting the conformity that came with the image of his face. "What if I fall in!"

"Then you'll swim," Cam answers and I narrow my eyes in on him. Wow wasn't he convincing!

"Ha-Ha." I recite dryly.

Cam laughs at my reaction, before saying, "Cass, I know you can swim-I've seen you swim-you won't drown."

Cameron's eyes are soft and pleading, and I feel my heart melting within my chest at the sight. I know he's seen me swim with the campers before and it's fun at the appropriate times, but that's not the issue!

I grit my teeth and walk closer to the tiny boat. "Cam, I don't know. Every time I go to Disneyland I opt out of the Jungle Cruise ride because it terrifies me, and I doubt this'll be safer." An old image of the boat rocking and nearly tilting over after too many passengers chose to sit on one side, plays before my eyes and I shudder. That was one of the most terrifying moments of my life.

"Cass," Cam fights back a huge mischievous grin, and I know he's gonna try and tease me! "Please don't tell me you have the same fear for Its a Small World."

My jaw drops. "I'm not a toddler!" I remind him. "I'm not scared of falling in there." His eyebrows go up in shock and I gape at that fact that he thought I was scared of falling and drowning in water that was deep enough to graze my knees.

"I'm surprised. I thought that ride would be strictly off limits for you," he teases and I fight back sticking my tongue out.

Instead I lift my chin, unashamed. "It is off limits, but that's only because the animatronics in there are really creepy!" I keep my head held high even as Cameron sends me incredulous looks

Cam breaks out into a grin and jumps out the boat and onto the dock. I step back thinking he'll force me in, but when he approaches me carefully I know he won't. "Cass," he says, taking my hands in his. "You'll be ok. I'll be right there with you; plus, there's no creepy animatronics out there," Cam gestures out toward the shimmering blue lake water.

I sigh before looking back at him. "And you promise you'll be careful?" I ask. I was going to do this-I wanted to, but the idea of boats scared me undeniably. I know the whole Jungle Cruise incident contributed to the overall fear but even before I was scared of boats. I know it was sort of irrational, but I couldn't help it, although I wished I could.