Chapter 5 ❤️

Double update 💁🏽

----------------------------

"Oh my god that would be hilarious!" Mahogany laughed at one of Nash's ideas.

"How about instead of peanut butter we used mayonnaise!" A boy with gelled up brown hair added onto another persons thought.

"Yes, yes I second that!" I hear, all of them sounding like they're talking at once. My head begins spinning as I actually try and listen to everything being said. My name coming out of someone new's mouth every other second.

"Cass, do you think you could do that?"

"Cass, if I give you the sign will you put it up?"

"Cass, do you think you could go off for a second and find out?"

"Cass, if you ever talk to him do you think you could bring it up?"

"Cass, if you just tell them that you're going to the bathroom will you try and steal a jar of mayo?"

"Cass, I'm pretty sure they keep their videocameras upstairs somewhere do you think you could get ahold of it?"

"Cass,"

"Cass,"

"Cass,"

"Cass,"

"Cass,"

"Ok!" I say, unconsciously loud. As soon as I say it the table goes silent and I feel like I might have figured out the safety word. Only my breathing is audible along with the beating of my heart and I'm currently loving it. I never wanted silence more in my life.

Just then my stomach grumbles. "Cass, have you ate yet?" Alyssa asks breaking the silence. I blink a few times, thinking back to see if I have and then shake my head.

"No, not yet," I answer.

"Ah," Alyssa says. "The pizza mustn't of gotten here then." She then proceeds to stand up from the table and I follow closely behind wondering about this pizza she's talking about.

What pizza? Where pizza? When pizza? Give me pizza. "What are you talking about?" I ask wondering if this place served pizza because if it did, maybe I'd enjoy this summer a little more.

"The pizza they order," she says clearly referring to Jackie and her friends. "Rob orders pizza in the afternoon and has it delivered here for his favorites."

"But that's not fair," I frown thinking about the pizza I just lost by leaving with Alyssa. "We all have to watch them while they eat it? What do the campers think about this?" I ask. I know the one thing children love more than camp is pizza and if they don't get any I'm pretty sure it would be ugly.

"They take it to the meeting hall," she tells me. "None of them eat here really. They all just wait for each other before going off to get their pizza, of Chinese food, or Mexican."

"It's unfair," Alyssa sighs at the same time I say, "that's such a good idea."

"I mean," I begin to backtrack. As soon as Alyssa heard my comment and looked over at me I felt like I made the biggest mistake ever. "It's unfair, it's really unfair," I correct myself.

Alyssa's silent for a second before breaking out into laughter. I instantly feel relieved that she wasn't mad at the fact that I had just complimented her enemies. "It is really," she says. I give her a sideways look. Did she just say what I think she said?

"What is?"

"The whole order food and eat it somewhere where campers can't find you," she admits. "I only see it as unfair now because I'm on the outside looking in." Wow, I think, surprised at the fact that she's saying this.