Chapter 20 ❤️

More dreams of Cameron came. I don't know why or how, but for the past couple nights I had dreams of him and me canoodling-yes i said canoodling. I feel like as long as I say canoodling I can pass it off as a little occurrence that wasn't very important, but as soon as I say it was very heated make out session with someone my friends and boyfriend don't like, it became serious. And I really didn't want it to be serious. 

I was still dating Jack, which came in handy when my dream-self remembered spontaneously and felt icky, allowing me to breakout from the dreams. The feeling didn't leave when I woke up either, it remained throughout the day too, so I was basically completely turned off by my super hot boyfriend whenever I saw him.

Along with icky feeling, I also felt so awkward and weird around Cam, which meant I was uncomfortable 24/7! Yay! I just wish it didn't make mine and Cam's pact to stay honest with each other so difficult to maintain. Whenever he asked what was wrong, since I would do things like cringe when he touched me, I had to quickly change the subject so I wouldn't lie. And let me tell you, coming up with various random subjects and things to point out throughout the day was very hard to do after the hundredth time.

Luckily for me I didn't have to deal with Alyssa on top of this. If her and Jackie's group hadn't been severed from ours, I'm pretty sure there would've been some very obvious glares and comments in my direction-which I don't deserve. After I talked to Jackie and filled her completely in on that night, I fail to see how I'm the bad guy. Jackie said that since Alyssa thought he was coming onto me (another girl on a painfully long list that he's come onto in front of Alyssa), she needed to save her ass and came up with that lie that night of the party. I understood that I guess, but what she didn't understand was that I'm no threat. She deserves him and I'm not trying to come between them, so she can stop hating me.

But if you're not threat, then what are those dreams you've been having about Cam? My brain asks and I groan. My inner voice has been such a bitch lately. Jackie suggested a nice round of shots later this week to get me out of head, but I declined. I know everyone planned on getting shit-faced while the kids were gone to the space-camp-thing, but I wasn't. I only planned on observing.

Apparently there's gonna be a party every night they kids are gone, which means three parties all in a row. One at Dillon's, another at Aaron's, and the last one at some guy's named Sam Pottorf who I don't really remember. All their parents had gone to some resort in the Bahamas together, which meant that the boys would have no trouble throwing the party and getting away with it. I know that should make me feel more at ease but it doesn't. I think it actually makes me more worried since they'll all think they could get away with more stupid stuff. I mean three nights in a row? Is that really smart?

The sun was getting really low in the sky as I walked back to my cabin from Taylor and Aaron's where we were all hanging out. It was really pretty the way the sun set, looking like it was diving into the water, letting orange and red ripples in its wake. This time of day was definitely the best with its beautiful colors and cooler temperature. It was amazing.

But it was almost too amazing, taking up all my attention and nearly making me walk in on someone in my cabin having an argument. I stopped as I hit the first step and waited to see if I was needed in there or if I should just eavesdrop from under the window.

"What the hell is going on between you two?" I heard a girl ask and really tuned in for the answer.

"What do you mean?" A boy asked in return.

"What do you think?" The girl, who I recognized as Alyssa, replied. "One moment you're mad at her then the next you're best friends! What could've changed so quickly, Cameron?"