Chapter 21❤️

"This feels so weird," I tell Jack as we sit inside my cabin. It was the first day without the kids and for some reason it felt wrong to be out during this time without children everywhere. "I feel like I need to be responsible for something, but there's nothing to be responsible for," I frown as I adjust myself on the bed.

I lay my head in Jack's lap and look up at him, immediately seeing his mouth fall open. "Really?" He raises his eyebrows. "I thought you'd be doing cartwheels because the kids were gone, but now you miss them?"

I look at him from under hooded eyes and shake my head, "what the hell? No! I do not miss them!" I scoff. "I just feel strange and empty without them that's all." I cross my arms and see Jack roll his eyes.

"Oh stupid me!" He says in a mocking tone. "I see I was so incredibly wrong, because that's not at all what happens when you miss someone!"

"It doesn't," I mutter under my breath.

"Whatever you say," Jack laughs, but I don't. Instead of laughing I glare at him.

"Yeah, you better say that or else you'll have no one to make out with, mister!" I warn jokingly, although I know Jack could have any girl he wants. Girls would probably pay Jack to make out with him, but he's made it clear he only wants me, so too bad for them.

And trust me when I say he made it clear! Even though he says it so often for me, (because I'm a bit insecure at times) it doesn't change the fact that he says it and means it. Its just a nice little reminder here and there to relieve a bit of anxiety.

Jack leans down and kisses me. "Well I said it so does that mean we can have a little steamy sesh right now?" He asks and I laugh before bringing his face down to mine.

"I guess we can have a little-"

"Cass!" The door bursts open, causing me to jump and nearly bump heads with Jack. Luckily we both stop before any physical damage is don't to either of us and I move to sit up.

"Oh. Hey," I greet Alyssa as soon as I sit myself up, and yes I said "Alyssa".  Ever since we talked on the soccer field she's been more chummy and I don't really mind it. This whole being friends thing felt more right than us being mad at each other honestly, so why keep fighting it? "What's up?"

"Guess what!" She squealed, running over to my bed and sitting down.

Jack and I both scooted back to make some room for her, before I finally asked, "What?" I could feel the uncomfortableness radiate off of Jack, so I reached my hand over to grab his hand. Although Alyssa and I have made up, Jack and her (and everyone else from the group), still hadn't and it was always awkward.

Alyssa grabbed both my hands, one slipping out from my boyfriend's, and her stare pierced my eyes. I was now starting to feel just as uncomfortable as Jack... "Cam asked me to go on a date with him!" She screamed out of excitement.

"Oh my god!" I smiled. "No way!"

"He did! He did!" She jumped in place and thanks to the springs I moved up and down right with her. "It came right out the blue, it was crazy!" She grinned and I tried to match an ounce of her happiness but struggled. She held a far away gaze like Cam asking her out was playing back in her mind, and I felt like I was intruding.

"When was this?" I question awkwardly, trying not to interrupt her moment.

"Just right now while I was in his cabin!" She tells me. "Nash left and Cam came over and sat next to me and asked if I wanted to see a movie with him and of course I assumed it was as friends like usual but then he was like, 'as my date' and I died!" Alyssa threw herself against my blanket and I chuckled. I was happy she was happy and she was clearly very happy. "So we're going tonight," she sighed.