Chapter Three

Chapter Three; Keep It Cute

A few days later, Joe called Laniyah and asked her to meet him for lunch. But there was one thing he didn't mention to Laniyah.

Galina was coming along with him. Joe didn't know how the two women meeting would play out but he was praying that Galina does not do anything to set Laniyah off and cause a scene in public as Laniyah suffers from Intermittent Explosive Disorder which is marked by intense episodes of rage.

Joe and Galina walks up to the restaurant door; Joe opens the door and lets Galina walk in.

The hostess greets them.

"Hey, I have a reservation for three please," Joe told the hostess.

The hostess nods.

They weave their way to the table, Joe with his hand gently placed at Galina's lower back. They took their seats at the table and waits on Laniyah.

"Do you think she'll sign the divorce papers?" Galina asked Joe.

"I'm sure, she will," Joe answered.

Galina wasn't convinced this whole situation was going to be so easy as Joe was making it out to be.

Laniyah arrived at the restaurant. She walks in and spots Joe and Galina, sitting at a table. She sighed.

Laniyah's stomach was twisting as she felt so many different emotions that were threatening to explode inside of her but it was now or never.

Joe and Galina immediately stands to greet Laniyah.

"Hey," Laniyah said as she greets the couple.

Joe thrusts out a hand to Laniyah as he offers her a warm smile.

"You are right on time," Joe said as he shakes her hand.

"I'm always on time," Laniyah said.

Laniyah flashes Joe a smile before finally releasing his hand.

Galina nods at Laniyah and Laniyah does the same.

"You look so good, Laniyah," Galina told Laniyah.

"So, do you, Galina," Laniyah said.

Laniyah and Galina were on track team together where Laniyah was team captain.

Once seated, the waiter arrives with menus and asks them what they'd like to drink.

"Oh, a margarita, please," Galina answers.

"A negroni, please," Laniyah answers.

"Lemonade, thank you," Joe answers.

There's a momentary silence around the table until Laniyah speaks up.

"So, I heard you guys have a daughter," Laniyah said with a forced smile.

"Yes, Joelle. She's six years old," Joe told her.

"That's good. She must be adorable," Laniyah said.

"Yeah, we're so lucky to have. She's excited to play an important part in the wedding," Galina said.

The waiter then returns to the table with their drinks and to take their meal orders. They continue with a little small talk, the conversation light.

Joe sighs deeply.

He placed a yellow envelope on the table.

"Laniyah, we both want this be done and over so I brought the divorce papers for you to sign," Joe said.

Laniyah nods.

"Yeah, I won't be signing them until my lawyers go over them," Laniyah told Joe.

Galina scoffed.

"Why are you trying to make this so difficult?" Galina asked Laniyah with an attitude.

Laniyah rolled her eyes.

"Keep it cute, Galina. Besides, I have assets to protect so my lawyers will be in contact with you and we can go from there," Laniyah told Joe, ignoring Galina's nasty looks.

Galina starts throw jabs at Laniyah. Joe was shocked he had never seen Galina behave this way.

Laniyah starts throwing jabs back.

"Who do you think you are?" Galina asked her.

"Google me, bitch," Laniyah replied.

Laniyah watches as people watch her and Galina go back and forth with each other. Laniyah was so embarrassed and was ready to set it off.

"You are crazy," Laniyah told Galina as she stood up.

Joe immediately stood up, ready to stop Laniyah from doing anything.

Galina stood up.

"Back up, Laniyah, you already know how I get down," Galina said.

Laniyah chuckled.

"Galina, you know how my hands are set up, please do not play yourself," Laniyah said.

"Hey! Let's just end the conversation," Joe said.

Laniyah let out a frustrated scream before she grabbed the envelope and walked away from the table.

"Dumb bitch," Galina muttered.