Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty; Come On, Fame

"I will never work out with you again," Laniyah said.

Joe chuckled and then pulled her into a hug, wrapping his sweaty arms around her.

"Eww," Laniyah said trying to remove herself from his sweaty body. "Let me go, Joe!" She shrieked.

"No, hug me back," He said, squeezing me tighter.

"No, let me go, Joe," She said.

"I'll let you go after you give me a hug," He said.

Laniyah rolled her eyes and put her arms around his waist.

"Eww, you're so sweaty, Joe," She said.

"You like it," He said as he rubbed his body against her body.

"Eww!" She squealed as she finally got out of his arms and grabbed a towel to wipe his sweat off of her. "I don't know how you do this almost every day, Joe," She added as Joe walked over and grabbed a water bottle.

"In this profession, you need to be physically active so working out every day is required," Joe said as he took a sip of his water.

Laniyah's phone started ringing and she bends over to pick it up when Joe slaps her ass, making her glance at him.

"Boy, don't get beat up in here," Laniyah told him.

She saw that her sister was calling and quickly answered the phone.

"Hey, Lo, is everything okay?" Laniyah asked her sister.

"Everything is fine, I just wanted to ask you if you knew that you're famous now," London answered.

"London, what the hell are you talking about?" Laniyah asked her.

Laniyah's phone vibrated as London sent her links to articles about Laniyah and Joe.

"Girl, there are articles about you and photos of you and Joe all over social media," London explained.

"No fucking way," Laniyah said.

"Yes, way. You even have fan pages now," London chuckled.

"That's not funny, London," Laniyah said with a groan.

Her private life was now going to be invaded by wrestling fans.

"Hey, think of it as a new marketing strategy for your brand, Laniyah," London said.

Laniyah sighed.

"I guess that's the only positive outlook on having my privacy invaded by wrestling fans," Laniyah said.

"Laniyah, you can still keep your private life, private, you just have to make sure you handle things accordingly," London said.

"And this is why you're my publicist," Laniyah said.

"Yeah okay, like that family discount isn't why you haven't dropped me yet," London said.

Laniyah gasped.

"Don't think so little of me, Lo," Laniyah said.

"Whatever, I just wanted to let you know that you'll most likely be photographed more so stay ready and don't walk around looking like a bum, bye!" London said.

"Thanks for the heads up, bye," Laniyah said, ending the call.

Laniyah scrolls through the messages that London sent her. Most were pictures of her and Joe at lunch, walking to the arena, and the last one was pretty creepy to Laniyah because this was from backstage in the catering area when Joe let Laniyah sit on his lap with his arms wrapped around her waist.

Laniyah felt a cold shiver pass through her spine as she thought about someone being so close to taking this kind of photo of her and Joe.

"What did London want?" Joe asked Laniyah.

Laniyah handed the phone to Joe.

"I'm famous, darling," Laniyah answered as Joe frowned.

"I'm sorry," Joe said.

Laniyah snorted.

"It's not your fault," Laniyah said.

Joe looked at Laniyah.

"I can let the fans know to respect your privacy and boundaries," Joe said.

"That's fine with me," Laniyah said.