Chapter Forty-Three

Chapter Forty-Three; New Year, New Twins, New Home

After returning from Aspen, Laniyah made an appointment with her doctor to see how far along she was in her pregnancy.

"You guys again," Nurse Virginia said.

"Yeah, you guys may have to rename the maternity ward after us," Joe said, playfully.

Virginia chuckled.

"We may have it," Virginia said.

Virginia checked Laniyah's vitals and asked Laniyah if she had any questions or concerns before notifying the doctor to come in.

Doctor Corden walked in and to say she wasn't shocked by Joe and Laniyah's presence in her medical room after Laniyah swore up and down she was done having kids was a lie.

"Now Laniyah what happened to 'I'm done having kids, I promise you won't ever see me again for another pregnancy.' Look at you now," Doctor Corden said, teasing Laniyah.

Joe chuckled.

"Hi, Doctor Corden," Laniyah said.

"Hello, doc," Joe said.

"Are you ready to see your babies?" Doctor Corden asked them.

"Yes," Joe answered.

The ultrasound tech came in and put the ultrasound mechine next to Laniyah. Doctor Corden asked Laniyah to lift her shirt and she put some gel on her stomach and started taking the ultrasound.

"Interesting," Doctor Corden said as she focused on the screen before she let out a small gasp.

A couple of minutes later, they heard the heartbeats and Laniyah teared up a little bit.

"Okay, looks like you're twelve weeks along with a due date of July 2, but as you both already know with twins, they come earlier than their due date so be prepared to deliver in June, the babies are currently measuring at a good size of 2.3 in, 0.6 oz," Doctor Corden said.

Doctor Corden shook her and printed off a couple of pictures and handed them to Laniyah. She wiped the gel off Laniyah's stomach.

"I'll have your next appointment set up at the front desk so make sure you stop there to get the date and time," Doctor Corden told Laniyah. "And we will be taking some blood to make sure you and the babies are healthy and good," She added.

"Alright, thank you," Laniyah said.

"One of my phlebotomists will be in to take your blood," Doctor Corden said.

"Okay," Laniyah said.

"It was nice to see you both," Doctor Corden said as she smiled at both of them before walking out of the room.

Laniyah and Joe looked at each other and started laughing. "You know they're talking about us right now," Joe said.

Laniyah nods. "Definitely and I don't blame them because we talked a good game about being done and now we're here again," Laniyah said.

"But we're done for real this time," Joe said.

"For sure," Laniyah said.

lalaniyah
1,208 Posts 16.9M Followers 100 Following
Laniyah Yandall Anoa'i
Athlete
@ lalaniyah
A six-time Olympic champion.
🔗www.allurebeauty.com and 2 other

com and 2 other