Chapter Thirty-Nine

Chapter Thirty-Nine; That's White People Shit

The family met up at London and Matthew's house for Thanksgiving this year. Laniyah found it to be the perfect time to let everyone know about the Christmas plans for this year.

Joe sat back in his chair as everyone reacted to Laniyah's news about Aspen. He chuckled to himself when the elders of the family said that they would be staying home in the warm sun.

Laniyah nods. She understands they're too old to be dealing with cold but everyone else better get on board with the trip to Aspen.

"Aspen! What the hell is in Aspen?" Matthew asked after Laniyah announced that she was taking the whole family to Aspen for Christmas during Thanksgiving dinner.

"Snow, that's what in Aspen," London answered, shaking her head.

Everyone started talking about how they don't do well in the snow and cracking jokes. Joe gave Laniyah that I told you so look and she rolled her eyes.

"Why are we going to Aspen? That's white people shit," Joseph said.

"Excatly," Joshua said.

"Y'all ain't even paying for anything, just show up so the kids can enjoy the snow," Laniyah said.

Everyone stopped laughing, knowing Laniyah was not playing around and everyone got on board with the Christmas trip to Aspen.

"Well, I'm excited for Aspen, I've been eyeing these fur boots and now I have a reason to buy them," Trinity said, smiling.

"Oh yes, now you can get me a mink coat for Christmas," Tamar told Juaquin.

Juaquin kissed his teeth. "A mink? What the hell? Okay, whatever, that's your only present this year," Juaquin said.

"Boy, you better get me more gifts, or else I'm going to return all the shit I already got you," Tamar warned him.

Juaquin pouted.

"Look at what you've done started," Joe whispered to his wife.

"Anyways, I picked a beautiful place for us to stay in Aspen so I'll send you all the details next week, so everyone better make themselves available," Laniyah said.

"Yes, ma'am," Joshua said.

Laniyah rolled her eyes.

"But we all agree that this trip is some white people's shit, right?" Jon asked.

Everyone nods.

"Okay, and we will pretend to be Caucasians from the mountains of Caucasus," Laniyah replied.

Everyone laughed.

341,372 likeslondoninthecity Thanksgiving was amazing

341,372 likes
londoninthecity Thanksgiving was amazing. I'm so grateful for the memories and love of family. Thank you, Heavenly Father 🦃🍗🍂❤️
View all 1,021 comments

London looked over at Laniyah when she walked into the kitchen with empty plates. London wiped the counter as Laniyah started washing the dishes.

"You should let the guys wash the dishes," London said.

"Oh, no I don't need them breaking my dishes," Laniyah said.

London comes over and helps her wash the dishes.

"Oh, by the way, Forbes wants you on the cover," London said.

"For what?" Laniyah asked.

"For their women moguls issue," London answered.

Laniyah shakes her head no. "No, thank you, I'm good," Laniyah told her.

"What happened to building a brand?" London asked.

"I already did an interview that's enough for me," Laniyah replied.

"You are the worst client ever," London said.

"But yet I make you the most money," Laniyah said.

"Hey, you get a family discount," London said.

"I don't like doing those things, London, I hated it during my track and field days," Laniyah said.

London nods.

"Fine, I won't force you to do it," London said.

Joe walked into the kitchen with more plates. "Why are you guys washing dishes by hand when we have a dishwasher?" Joe asked them.

"These are expensive plates, Joe," Laniyah answered.

"I told you we should have used plastic," Joe muttered.

"What was that?" Laniyah asked him as London chuckled at Joe rushing out of the kitchen after placing the plates on the counter.

Laniyah shakes her head. "I swear he is beginning to get on my nerves," Laniyah said.

"And you know you love it, it's like you guys are teenagers again," London said.

Laniyah smiled. "Is that how you feel about Matthew?" Laniyah asked her.

"Don't get me wrong, I love grown Matthew but sometimes we have moments where I feel like our younger selves again and I get butterflies like this puppy love became a forever thing," London explained.

"Oh no, I get it. I find myself sometimes staring at Joe and remembering how we were as teens and the fact that we are here now is crazy," Laniyah said.

"And it's all thanks to a trip to Fiji and a priest that was never seen again," London said, laughing.

Laniyah laughed. "It's crazy how no one knows where he went after that," Laniyah said.

A fews year back when Joe and Laniyah had their wedding ceremony in Fiji, they tried to find the priest that had married them at a beach chapel but no one could tell them where he went. A few relatives joked that they had been made by God, himself because the priest disappeared like a ghost.

"I think it was divine intervention by God, he knew what was coming for you guys and he made sure that you guys would have a way to reunite," London said.

Laniyah smiled.

"Awe, I like that," Laniyah said.