Chapter Twenty-Seven

Chapter Twenty-Seven; On The Brink

"I'm not mad," Joe said as they sat in the hospital after the doctor told Laniyah, she would be placed on bed rest for the rest of her pregnancy.

"Sounds like you're mad to me," Laniyah said.

With the increased risk of complications associated with multiple births, the drama provoked distress and now Laniyah had been diagnosed with pre-eclampsia. Joe was extremely worried about Laniyah and the babies. He was upset with the drama that had taken place earlier this afternoon.

"I'm upset with the situation, not you, Laniyah," Joe said.

"I don't go out today looking for drama and I kept my hands to myself," Laniyah said.

"Yeah, but stress nearly killed you and our babies, I don't care about the drama, I'll deal with Galina and her family later. We need to hire someone more help around the house when I'm on the road," Joe said.

"We already have a nanny," Laniyah said.

"Yeah for the kids, you need someone to take care of house chores," Joe said.

Laniyah couldn't see herself being in bed for the majority of the day but she knew needed the help and didn't want to do anything that could harm the babies.

"Okay, we'll hire someone but I'm sorry for today," Laniyah said.

"I don't care about today, Laniyah, I just want you to be careful and let me handle Galina okay, just focus on our family," Joe said.

He was stressed and the look he gave her said it all.

"Okay, I'll be on my best behavior from now on," Laniyah said.

"Uh...we'll see what happens," Joe said.

Laniyah playfully glares at him.

"I promise you I can be good," Laniyah said.

Joe chuckled.

"You sound like our kids," Joe said.

Laniyah pouted.

"Joe, I'm serious," Laniyah said.

"Okay," Joe said, before kissing her forehead.

[A|N: Sorry for the short and long overdue update. Working on another story set with Laniyah and Joe but completely different. No Galina. Be on the lookout.]