Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen; Mrs. Anoa'i

Everything changed between Laniyah and Joe after visiting Rosalia's grave. It was like they got the closure they needed to move on.

While they admitted they still had feelings for each other. Joe and Laniyah decided it was best to take things at a slow pace and get to know each other and see where it takes them.

Laniyah had gone on the road with Joe and traveled with him, Jon, Renee, and Colby for their wrestling shows.

Jon and Colby constantly called her, Mrs. Anoa'i, teasing her of course, but now because of their teasing everyone on the WWE roster understood that Joe and Laniyah were married.

Joe and Laniyah agreed not to explain their relationship timeline or overall situation to anyone who asked. All that mattered was that their close friends and family knew the truth.

Tonight Smackdown was at the Toyota Center in Houston, Texas. Laniyah sat ringside as The Shield's entrance music plays. Joe looked at Laniyah as he got to the ring, trying so hard not to crack a smile at her as she sat there, front and center watching him; she clapped and cheered with the crowd.

She sent him a wink before the furious Fatal 4-Way tag team showdown started which was ordered by The Authority, Dean Ambrose & Seth Rollins, The Real Americans, Ryback & Curtis Axel and 3MB battled to determine the No. 1 contenders to face WWE Tag Team Champions The Usos.

However, before a winner could be determined, Director of Operations Kane, and then The New Age Outlaws, shocked the WWE Universe by suddenly attacking The Shield.

The other participating teams quickly joined the onslaught on The Hounds of Justice, who ended up getting systematically taken apart by the overwhelming numbers.

Later, it become clear that Kane had in fact planned the entire thing, as he awarded tag team title matches to both RybAxel and The Real Americans as a reward for their involvement, while putting 3MB into the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal. As for the New Age Outlaws, as they joined Kane in celebration in his office, one couldn't help but remember that both the Director of Operations and Road Dogg & Billy Gunn share a common association with The Authority.

After throwing his own hat in the ring for the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal, The Miz welcomed special guest Big Show, the "odds-on favorite" to win that Show of Shows contest. He also invited surprise guests Titus O'Neil, Kofi Kingston, Alberto Del Rio, Big E, Cody Rhodes, Mark Henry, Goldust and Sheamus.

With every Superstar in the ring amped up to compete in the historical Battle Royal in honor of The Eighth Wonder of the World on The Grandest Stage of Them All, The Awesome One proposed that they prove their worth by taking out the giant standing right in front of them.

This lit the fuse on an unofficial, impromptu SmackDown Battle Royal between the present combatants, with Miz watching outside the ring. When it came down to Big Show and Sheamus, however, Miz tried to throw them both out. The World's Largest Athlete overcame his trickery, dispatching on both The Celtic Warrior and The Awesome One to be the last man standing.

After Intercontinental Champion Big E accidently rammed his shoulder into the steel ring post, Alberto Del Rio clocked him with a furious kick, picking up a huge non-title win on the reigning titleholder.

After the segment, Laniyah went backstage to find Joe so they could leave for the next city. She found him standing next to Nicole, laughing at something she'd said.

"Hey," I said, walking up to them.

"Hey, Laniyah, we were just talking about you," Nicole said.

"What about me?" Laniyah asked as she raised an eyebrow.

"I told Joe that I wanted to befriend you and he said you wouldn't be open to it because you're shy," Nicole answered.

Laniyah nods her head. Laniyah wasn't shy she just was not friendly with new people but I'm sure Joe didn't want to hurt Nicole's feelings if he said that instead.

"Oh, well, he's right but if you want to hang out with me while I'm on the road with you guys then we can," She said.

"Great, I would love that," Nicole said.

"Yeah, I think I need someone besides Joe to show me the ropes of hanging out with wrestlers," She said, smiling.

"I would definitely love to show you the ropes," Nicole said before Brie called out her name. "Oh, looks like I have to go. Get my number from Joe, Laniyah, bye," Nicole added, as she walked off.

Joe smiled at Laniyah.

"Therapy is working for you," Joe said.

"What do you mean?" She asked him.

"The old you wouldn't have been so open to meeting new people, that's all," Joe replied.

"Well, I do need people aside from our cousins and little clique to talk to if I'm going to be on the road with you, Joe, and besides I kind of like her, at least the stuff I've heard from Trinity about her," Laniyah said.

"Alright, come on let's go get you some food before you get cranky and curse me out," Joe said.

"I'm glad to see my training has finally paid off," Laniyah said with a smirk.

"Yes, you've had me trained since high school," He said, smiling.