Chapter Five

Chapter Five; Saturday Dinner

London is in the kitchen cooking when Matthew walks in the kitchen with the chicken, he finished grilling outside on the grill.

"It smells so good in here. Damn, I missed your cooking," Matthew said.

London kisses Matthew while cooking.

"I'm sure you did," London said.

Matthew places the platter on the kitchen island.

"Are you sure this is the right thing to do?" Matthew asked London as he takes a seat at the counter.

London looked back at her boyfriend and smiled.

"Of course, I know my sister. This needs to happen now or else things will spin out of control," London answered.

"Hey, y'all," Jon said as he walked in with his kids and Trinity. "Hey, uce, It smells good in here!" He added.

"London is cooking up a storm for our Saturday night dinner," Matthew said.

"So, I heard you guys invited Joe and Galina to dinner," Trinity said.

"How is that going to work with Laniyah since she is likely to beat up Galina and maybe even Joe if he gets in the middle," Jon questioned.

"I'm not gonna lie but I'm really hoping Laniyah just talks it out with Galina instead of talking with her hands but it all depends on how Galina comes at her. I mean we know...or at least having a feeling that there's unfinished business between Joe and Laniyah," London said before Jon interrupted her.

"Girl, you're trying to get Joe and Laniyah in the same room to see if they still have feelings for each other. You must be insane," Jon said.

London shook her head.

"No, I just want to see what Galina saw that made her come at Laniyah like that. Think of it as a social experiment," London told them.

"A social experiment that will most likely have us end up in the hospital when Laniyah's Intermittent Explosive Disorder act the fuck up," Matthew said.

Josh and Takecia walk in with their sons.

"What are y'all talking about?" Takecia asked.

"Joe and Galina are coming tonight and so is Laniyah," Trinity answered.

Josh shook his head in disbelief.

"Kids remember all the exits just in case we need to escape Laniyah's wrath," Josh told his kids.

"Y'all are playing, right?" Takecia asked. She knew that this was going to be the dinner from hell. "Lolo, you can't believe that Laniyah is going to be cool being in the same room as Galina," She added.

London turns off the stove and put the food in platters.

"Of course, not but I know my sister is going to be cordial with her," London said.

"Damn, she must have forgot about last time," Jon said.

"What happened last time?" Trinity asked Jon.

"The last person, Laniyah tried to be cordial with ended up getting hit in the head with a champagne bottle and they had to get twenty stitches," Jon answered.

"Laniyah ain't gonna hit Galina with a bottle," Matthew said.

Galina cleared her throat as she, Joe, and Joelle walked in.

"Damn, we need a motion sensor in here," London said.

"So, you guys invited her," Galina said.

Joe told Joelle to go enjoy the other kids in the basement.