Chapter Forty-Two

Chapter Forty-Two; Mother London

London breaks her pregnancy news to Laniyah in hopes that Laniyah will reveal her pregnancy news.

Laniyah is happy that her sister is pregnant. She is excited. She wants there to be more kids. But during her conversation with London, she got candid about pregnancy at this stage of life.

"This is a miracle that's happened and I'm just so blessed to be pregnant again," London said. "And you should feel blessed too," London added.

Feeling the pressure, "Girl, I don't know what you want to tell you but I got nothing to announce," Laniyah simply said, smiling.

London slapped Laniyah's arm. "I know you, Laniyah, come on," London said.

Laniyah laughed. "I'm not pregnant, you fool," Laniyah said.

"Are you sure?" London asked Laniyah.

Laniyah played with her hands. "I mean I think I'm not pregnant, I'm not sure," Laniyah answered.

"What do you mean you're not sure?" London asked Laniyah.

Laniyah shrugged. "Well, I haven't gotten my period in three weeks but I've been so busy and stressed out so I'm praying it is just late due to stress," Laniyah said.

London shakes her head. "Miss ma'am, you have eight kids, you can't be acting like this," London said.

"Why can't you let me be delusional about this?" Laniyah asked London.

"Because you weren't being delusional when you were fucking without protection especially knowing how fertile you and Joe are," London replied.

Laniyah kissed her teeth and rolled her eyes. "I told him to get a vasectomy because he never puts on condoms and now look, I'm really about to have another baby," Laniyah said, pouting.

"Girl, don't just put the blame on him," London said, knowing much of a freak her sister is in bed.

Laniyah shakes her head. "It's his fault," Laniyah said, refusing to take responsibility for this pregnancy.

"Whatever you say, so let's go take a pregnancy test and see if your ass is pregnant with baby number nine or and ten," London said.

Laniyah wanted to cry. "I can't have another set of twins," Laniyah said.

"But if you are pregnant, what are you going to do?" London asked Laniyah.

Laniyah sighed. "Get my tubes tied right. I love Joe but I'm done having kids after this ones, like I would love to go into my forties without being pregnant," Laniyah answered.

Later in the day, Laniyah takes a pregnancy test and shares the surprising news with London.

"Oh my god. There are two lines," London said after seeing the test.

"Yeah," Laniyah said with tears in her eyes. "Clear as day. I'm pregnant. I am and I felt that I was, but this makes it so real," Laniyah said.

London starts crying too. Joe walks on Laniyah and London crying. "Why are you guys crying?" Joe asked.

Laniyah holds up the pregnancy test for Joe to see.

Joe was shocked. When she told him she was pregnant. "Oh my god. Are you kidding or are you serious?" Joe asked Laniyah.

"I'm serious," Laniyah answered.

London walks out to give them privacy.

"How do you feel?" Joe asked Laniyah.

"I'm super nervous, but really scared. There's a million different emotions that are going on in my brain. I think I'm in a state of shock. I almost can't believe it, but it's real," Laniyah explained to Joe.

"We're having another baby," Joe said, hugging Laniyah.

"Babies, you know we can't have a singleton like ever," Laniyah said.

Joe chuckled, while tearing up. "You're right and I'm definitely going to get that vasectomy now," Joe said.

"And I'm getting my tubes tied," Laniyah said.

Later, Matthew and London gathered the family together to make their pregnancy announcement.

"Hearing this news is the most special thing I think anyone can ever tell me," Patricia said, hugging the couple.

"I'm ecstatically surprised," Laken said.

Joe looked at Laniyah. "Both of you at the same time, damn," Joe said.

Laniyah chuckled. "Leati, shut up," Laniyah said.

After a couple of days in Aspen, everyone seemed calm and happy. On their last day in Aspen, everyone went skiing to make it up to Laniyah.

But Laniyah couldn't ski and everyone was confused since she had went skiing days before so Laniyah and Joe had to announce that they had just found out that Laniyah is pregnant so she couldn't go skiing with them.

"God damn," Jon said.

"Stay off of her!" Trinity exclaimed, causing everyone to laugh.