Chapter Twenty-One

Chapter Twenty-One; WWE Hall of Fame

There was no doubt that people were staring at Laniyah and Joe as they entered the Smoothie King Center in New Orleans, Louisiana.

Laniyah's knees felt weak and her heartbeat began to race as she wasn't used to this type of attention. She felt like she had superhearing and could hear everyone whispering about them.

Laniyah clutched Joe's arm and stood so close to him. Joe gave her a reassuring smile as he knew how uncomfortable she was with the way people were looking at them. Laniyah looked at him and smiled. She was here for him so she would suck it up, besides she didn't want to look stupid walking out of the arena after being seen by so many people.

When Renée got to interview him, Laniyah was relieved to see a familiar face and she stood off to the side slightly hiding behind Joe so she wouldn't be in the camera's focus.

Colby and Jon walked up to her as Joe finished up his interview and she gave each of the two a hug and a kiss on the cheeks.

"You look beautiful," Colby said.

"Thank you, you boys sure do clean up nicely, very handsome," Laniyah said.

"Thank you," Jon said.

Colby nods.

"So, are you enjoying yourself?" Colby asked her.

Laniyah school her head.

"I'm a little anxious with so many people staring at me as I walk through the room but I promised Joe I would come with him," Laniyah explained.

"Understandable, I don't crowds either," Jon said.

John and Nicole walked up to the trio. Nicole hugged Laniyah and complimented her dress.

Laniyah smiled and did the same and also complimented John on how he looked great.

Joe came over and wrapped his arm around Laniyah's waist.

"You two look so good together," Nicole said.

"I see I'm not the only one who thinks we look good together," Joe told Laniyah.

After that Nicole and John walked off to find Brie and Bryan. Jon waited until Renee was done with interviews to walk off to look for their seats.

"So, is the divorce still happening, or are you guys going to stay married?" Colby asked them.

Laniyah looked at Joe for him to answer.

"I'm hoping we'll stay married, but we're taking it slow and spending time together to see how things work out for us," Joe explains to Colby.

Colby nods.

"Well, I for one hope you two stay together, and I know everyone else wants you two to be together but we'll support whatever decision you guys make," Colby said.

"Thanks, Colby," Joe said.

They went and took their seats after that. The ceremony started after the red carpet which was a one-hour pre-show before the start of the event.

After Lita was inducted by Trish Stratus she shared a number of stories about how she started in professional wrestling from Mexico until eventually winding up in the WWE. One story Lita told was how she first met Arn Anderson and her desire to meet Rey Mysterio. Lita expressed that Anderson helped her meet Mysterio in exchange for a Miller Lite. Lita stated she never fulfilled that promise and wanted to now, at which point Stratus return with three Miller Lites, which Lita, Anderson and Mysterio shared.

Jake "The Snake" Roberts was inducted by Diamond Dallas Page. During both of their speeches, the two spoke about Roberts' issues with alcoholism and how he spent many months living with Page attempted to rehab. Roberts credited DDP Yoga with saving his life. Roberts concluded by thanking his kids for giving him a second chance after all he had put their family through over the years.

Mr. T was inducted by Gene Okerlund into the Hall of Fame.

Paul Bearer was posthumously inducted by Kane. During the induction, Kane shared several stories about traveling with Bearer and about their relationship. Due to Bearer's passing in March 2013 his induction was accepted in his honor by his sons Daniel and Michael Moody. Also The Undertaker made his appearance and pays respect to his manager, Paul Bearer.

Razor Ramon (Scott Hall) was inducted into the Hall of Fame by fellow The Outsider member Kevin Nash. Hall, similar to Roberts, spoke of his person issues with alcohol, and thanks Page for saving his life. Following the introduction two were joined on stage by fellow Kliq members, Triple H, Shawn Michaels and Sean Waltman.

Carlos Colón was introduced by his two sons Carlito, Eddie, and nephew Orlando Colón. Carlito before delivering his speech said that the WWE cut the amount of time he had to speak down, and it made him feel like he never really left the WWE.

The Ultimate Warrior was the final inductee into the 2014, inducted by Linda McMahon. At the end of the Warrior's speech he announced that he had signed a long-term contract that would allow him to serve as an ambassador for the WWE for several years to come.

Although The Ultimate Warrior announced he signed a long-term contract with the WWE, his appearance at Raw the following Monday would be his final WWE appearance. Warrior died on April 8, 2014 in Scottsdale, Arizona.

According to reports, Warrior clutched his chest and collapsed at 5:50 p.m. while walking to his car with his wife outside of their hotel in Arizona. He was rushed to the hospital where he was pronounced dead at age 54.

Warrior's colleagues said Warrior appeared frail during WrestleMania weekend and said that he was sweating profusely and breathing heavily backstage.