Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen; Two Months Later

Laniyah took a sip of wine before her cousin, Charmaine walked over to her. Both women smiled and laughed at one another before embracing.

"Girl, I swear you should go into event planning," Charmaine said, complimenting Laniyah about her skills in event planning.

"I know; I'm thinking about it," Laniyah said.

Laniyah threw an engagement party for London and Matthew so the venue was filled with friends and family.

It had been two months since Laniyah and Joe found out they were married. Their divorce was put on hold as Joe was currently in court fighting for sole custody of Joelle.

Laniyah was fine with the divorce being on hold as she felt Joe had too much on his plate.

She looked around the party, taking in all of the sounds – people dancing and talking loudly.

She saw the happiness in the faces of London and Matthew with other guests as they laughed and talked and smiled.

She turned back to her cousin chatting away cheerfully about her daughters' achievements in school when her eyes fell on the only person in the room who was not happy to be there. Joe.

He stood over in the corner, minding his own business, with disinterest in what was going on in place. He was nursing a beer.

"You know I thought when you two put your divorce on hold, you guys were planning on giving your relationship another shot," Charmaine told Laniyah.

Laniyah gave her a look before Shaking her head slightly, she took another sip out of her glass.

"I'm serious, Laniyah, you two make a beautiful couple, I think you two still love each other, and there's nothing to stop you from exploring that beautiful body of his," Charmaine said.

Laniyah rolled her eyes.

"Char, this conversation is over," Laniyah said.

Charmaine wiggled her eyebrows.

"Lala, you need to be up under that man," Charmaine said before walking away.

Laniyah spent the rest of the party sending sideways glances in Joe's direction.

123,472 likesallurebeauty we're so excited to launch the firstcollection of the year! February 10th on AllureBeauty

123,472 likes
allurebeauty we're so excited to launch the first
collection of the year!
February 10th on AllureBeauty.com
View all 416 comments

Laniyah rushed into the meeting room.

"I'm here!" Laniyah announced as she took her seat at the head of the table. She leaned and whispered to her secretary. "Did I make it on time?" She asked.

"You did," Her secretary answered.

The meeting begins.

"This team meeting is about the new collection and perfume set," Erica, the marketing manger said.

A team member places a tray of samples of the new fragrances on the conference table.

"These are the three fragrances that will launch with the collection on February 10th," Erica said.

"So, we had to do some modifications," Kevin, the Vice President.

"Which we are presenting to you today," Erica added.

"Okay," Laniyah said as she picked up one of the sample-size perfumes. "I feel like the bottle's color is way lighter than the package for the makeup palette," She said, as her secretary grabbed a makeup palette so she could compare the shades of the packages.

"Yeah, this is definitely a lighter red than the bottle," Laniyah said as she compared them.

"Yeah, because of the bottle's shape and texture the color is lighter than the package for everything else in the collection," Kevin said.

Laniyah nods.

"Okay, but now I feel like we have to add something to match the shade of the bottle because of it being lighter than everything else in the collection," Laniyah said.

Laniyah was a perfectionist when it came to her businesses. She never liked things being unorganized and half assed. Everything she put out had to be above amazing for herself and her consumers. Laniyah always say that presentation is key in selling her products.

"Okay, what about if we put a Cosmetic Pouch in the collection with the same color as the perfume bottle," Erica suggested.

"I would like that," Laniyah said.

"I think that'll be a wow factor in the collection so now we have to come up with a design for the Cosmetic Pouch. Do you have anything in mind?" Kevin asked Laniyah.

Laniyah thought about it for a moment before she spoke.

"I think it should have a aesthetically pleasing design with quite a few compartments, slots, and pockets for the items. Maybe, even a double layer you know to make things easier," Laniyah answered.

"Okay," Kevin said taking notes.

"And maybe three bottom slots to be roomy enough to hold eye shadow palettes, foundation bottles, and tubs of moisturizer with ease, and top slots keep to brushes, eyeliners, and slimmer products snuggly tucked away. I think the pouch be advertised as a way to finesse your makeup while you're on the go, you'll have everything handy and ready in one place," Laniyah explained.

"That's great. We want to collection to be a even bigger success following the success of your Christmas collection so everything has to be perfect," Erica said.

Laniyah smiled.

"I want this year's revenue to top last year's $140 million in revenue," Laniyah said.

"I can see the beauty company, bringing in around $300,500,000 in revenue this year," Kevin said.