Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen; Wikipedia

Laniyah "Nini" Rosalia Yandall was born on May 21, 1987, to Lukas Ross Yandall and Laken Chanté Yandall (née Johnson) in Pensacola, Florida.

Laniyah's father is a Black Nova Scotian and Dominican with a small amount of Irish ancestry while her mother is Black Nova Scotian, Samoan, Jamaican, and Haitian.

Her mother is a United States district judge of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida, while her father is a 3× NBA champion former professional basketball player and coach, who later became a politician and is serving as the 58th Mayor of Pensacola.

Laniyah has six older siblings: Lukas Jr., Laasya, Lex, Leo, Lia, and London.

Her grandfather Philo Johnson is an American lawyer who served as a Senior United States district judge of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida.

Former professional wrestler Rocky Johnson is her cousin making his son, Dwayne Johnson and his daughter, Toya Johnson, Laniyah's second cousins.

She is a former track and field athlete, who competed internationally for the United States, primarily in the 400-meter sprint.

She began running at the age of seven. She was a 2003 graduate of Escambia High School, where she finished with a cumulative 4.5 GPA and was pegged the 2003 Gatorade National High School Girls Track and Field Athlete of the Year and also the USA Track and Field Youth Athlete of the Year. At Georgia Institute of Technology, she was a nine-time individual state champion with four 100-meter titles, three 200-meter titles, one 400-meter title and one long jump title. She also majored in management and business administration at the Georgia Institute of Technology.

A six-time Olympic champion and an eight-time U.S. national champion, Laniyah was a formidable competitor throughout her career. Following an injury at the U.S. Olympic trials, Laniyah retired from the sport and subsequently became a proprietor, entrepreneur, interior designer, and property developer.

The elevator arrives, Laniyah and Joe file in. Once the elevator doors shut, Joe asks the question he's been wanting to know.

"When can you take me to Rosalia's grave?" Joe asked Laniyah.

"Oh, well, I can take you there today if you want," Laniyah answered.

Joe nods. The doors open, and Laniyah leads Joe to a room halfway down the corridor. After their therapy session with Dr. Kinder, Laniyah brought Joe with her to visit her office.

Dr. Kinder wanted Joe and Laniyah to spend time together and see how life had changed for both of them after their breakup. To show each other the growth they had experienced. So, Laniyah decided to take Joe to the headquarters of her multimillion-dollar empire.

"This is my office," Laniyah said as she opens the door and walks in with Joe closely behind her.

Joe pulled the door closed behind him.

Joe smiled. He was very proud of everything Laniyah had accomplished after their breakup. He always believed in her and knew that she would make something of herself.

"This is amazing," Joe said as he looks at the view behind Laniyah's desk. Her view was overlooking the city.

"Please sit," Laniyah said.

Joe took a seat on the couch in her office. He noticed a bar with an assortment of snacks and a mini fridge filled with wines, iced coffees, water, and sodas.

"I see you're still obsessed with Chester's Fries," Joe said.

"Chester's Fries will always have my heart," Laniyah said as she took a seat at her desk.