Chapter Twenty-Eight

Chapter Twenty-Eight; Head of the Table

Liked by romanreigns, nickiminaj, duffey and 520,711 otherslalaniyah And she still got it

lalaniyah And she still got it.

Twenty-five weeks with our golden trio.

This pregnancy is teaching me how to slow down and listen to my body. I've never been the one to rest, seeing as though I'm always on the go... but I've been taking it as easy as I need to, especially since I'm on bed rest.

Praise God for a husband that steps in without question to pick up wherever and whenever! He's truly a gift.
View all 3,120 comments
romanreigns 🥰🔥 She sho does! 😍😍
nickiminaj And do!!!!
duffey 🫶🏽🫶🏽🫶🏽🫶🏽
londoninthecity mf right, you sure do still got it.
thenikkibella yessss!
toyajohnson And does!
tamarfatu JUST GORGEOUS! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

"Okay, I just want to cook breakfast for you and our kids, Joe, ain't like I'm gonna move the furniture," Laniyah said as she slammed her hands down on the mattress.

"Don't start acting up now, Lala," Joe warned her.

Laniyah pouted. She had been on bed rest for a little over a month now and she was surprisingly enjoying it but Joe wouldn't let her do anything.

She couldn't stand for too long. She couldn't even take showers, only baths. She couldn't carry the twins or bend over. Joe was on her ass about any movement she made when he was around.

Joe sighed and shook his head, with a disappointed look that made Laniyah not continue her argument.

"Okay, fine, I won't cook but at least make the kids something they want to eat, and not what you think they should be eating," Laniyah said.

Joe tilted his head one way, and Laniyah shrugged.

"Yeah, they told me about your meal plans and I don't like it," Laniyah told him.

"Trust me, y'all will be thanking me for my meals in the future," Joe told her.

"I'm sure," Laniyah drawled. "We will, but they just want their momma's cooking," She said.

Joe climbed onto the bed and rubbed a hand over Laniyah's baby bump.

"Fine," Joe said.

Laniyah smiled and kissed his lips.

"So, what's going on with Galina and the lawsuit?" Laniyah asked Joe.

It's been a few weeks since the fight and Joe actually sued Galina and now they were in civil court with Joe wanting Galina to pay money to compensate him for all the harm she caused.

Laniyah was surprised that Joe was holding Galina accountable for all the drama she caused because she thought he would just curse her out, and move on, but he took her to court and was winning the case. Joe explained how Galina was losing it over how much money Joe was asking for, and her lawyer was doing a bad job of defending her.

"Every time I see her, she looks like she's in tears," Joe said.

Laniyah rolled her eyes.

"It's what she deserves," Laniyah said.

"Yeah, but I think she'll settle soon and pay the amount of money," Joe said.

"Good, because you don't need to be around her any longer," Laniyah said.

Joe snorted.

"I promise you, we will never deal with her again," Joe said.

"Good, now let's talk about something more positive," Laniyah said as she turned slightly and took the space to Joe's left, and started to massage Joe's shoulder.

"What do you want?" Joe asked her as let his head flop back onto his pillow.

Laniyah hummed. "Duffey wants to throw me a baby shower soon since we don't know how long I'll be pregnant with the golden trio, as you know If you're pregnant for multiples, you are more likely to go into premature labor before 37 weeks, than a woman carrying only one baby," Laniyah explained to him as she began to massage on his other side.

"I knew this massage was too good to be true, you said yes to it already, didn't you?" Joe asked her as he peeked at her, suspiciously.

Laniyah shook her head no.

"No, I told her I would ask my husband first before I give her a response," Laniyah replied.

Joe smirked.

"Say that again," Joe said.

"What?" Laniyah asked.

"Say that again," Joe repeated.

"I said 'No, I told her I would ask my husband first before I give her a response,' What did you not understand, Joe?" Laniyah asked.

"Oh, I understood. I just wanted you to say 'I would ask my husband,' I like hearing you say that," Joe says.

Laniyah giggled.

"My husband," Laniyah drawled. She hummed. "Yup, you're whipped," She concluded.

Joe pulled her to his chest. Laniyah ran a thumb across his lips and cupped his cheek.

"Is that a yes or no?" Laniyah asked him.

She only wanted the baby shower so she could get out of the house for a few hours but Joe didn't need to know that.

"We'll see after your upcoming appointment," Joe told her.

"Okay, I'll tell her it's maybe, so she can at least start planning," Laniyah said, smiling.