Chapter 5

Eleanor's POV

I got out of the airport and started searching for Miguel. I found him. He looked the same with his slick back hair and medium length beard, the only thing different was there was flex of grey hair in the mix. I walked towards him and tapped on his shoulder.

"Miguel," I said.

"your highness," he said and bowed.

"Well I don't think that's necessary, let's just get out of here," I told him. He nodded and opened the car door for me. I got in and he started to drive.

"I got my personal car so no one else knows you're here. " he said.

"that's good I would like to keep it that way," I said as I looked out of the window. It's been 6 years since I kept a foot in this city. Before running away I and Elliot use to live in New York or out of city bounders.

"Your Highness that might be a problem," he said.

"why?" I asked as I looked at him.

"King's cousin brother, your uncle landed today morning as you were no were to be found the council called him as he would be the next in line for the throne." He said with a bit of disgust in her voice.

My uncle wasn't really a nice person. The only thing he cared about was money and the wanting the crown. At every family dinner, he uses to say he should be the king right now not my father as he's the real heir. Even though it's not true and my father is or well was the real heir.

"I will handle him," I said as we entered the place through the back gates.

"Welcome home Princess," he said and stopped the car in front of the door "I just had hoped it would have been under different circumstance." He added.

"Me too Miguel me too," I told him as I got down. He led me inside. We were walking towards my room when I heard some chatter in the main lounge. I followed the voices as Miguel followed me. I saw it was my uncle with a few other servants. I didn't go inside just watched from the sidelines.

"I want this painting to be removed and a paint of me to be hung up here," he said looking at my father's painting.

Fucking bastard it hasn't even been a day since the news came out and he is redecorating the house. I wanted to go in and smash his face on the table next to him when Miguel stopped me. He took me out of there and to my room.

"why did you stop me?" I asked him confused.

"Cause your highness I know you and beating him up is not the right move. Tomorrow is the funeral. You need to rest. It's going to be a long day tomorrow." He said and was above to leave.

"Miguel" I stopped him. He turned around and said "I will make sure nothing is changed" then he left. I plopped down on my bed laying on my back I stared at the ceiling. That's when the reality sank in.

My brother is dead, My father is dead, My mother... is dead. As if a wave of emotions hit me. I said crying and balling my eyes out. All the memories rushed into my brain. I turned to my side and saw a photo of Elli and me. I grabbed it hugging it tightly as I crawled into a ball and cried.

That's what I did till I heard a knock on my door. I wiped my tears and looked outside it was getting dark.

"come in," I said as I was sure I didn't look like I was crying. The door opened and it was Miguel.

"I bought you some food. I came around in the evening but I decided not to disturb you." He said as he rolled in a cart with food on it. I sat down on the couch as he kept the plates on the table.