Chapter 20

Sofia's POV

I looked around to see people had their phone out as they recorded us. Shit!

"Baby we got to go," I said as I looked around us as saw it too and nodded. She picked up the teddy bear as I held her hand. We quickly made our way to the car. I opened the door for her as she got in, then ran to the outside and got in myself. We made our way back to the house.

Parked the car in the garage as I quickly got out of the car and Ella followed me. "Ok, I'm going to go quickly change," I said pointing towards my still very wet clothes. she nodded as I went up and quickly changed into a pair of leggings and an oversized hoodie.

I walked back down to find Ella pouring us a glass of Rose wine. She gave one of the glasses "thanks" I smiled.

"Can I ask you something?" she asks as we made our way to the couch. I sat down on one side and she sat down on the other side. With her knees close to her chest and she held the wine glass with both her hand. I had one of my legs on the couch and one leg down. With my body looking towards her. one hand on my head and one hand holding the glass.

"Sure ask away" I kinda had an idea what the question was going to be about.

"Who are the people in those photos?" She asked pointing towards the photo on the coffee table. I didn't need to look as I know which photo she was talking about.

"That's my parents and my brother," I said as I sipped on my wine.

"But...um Amber told me you're an only child," she said nervously biting her lower lip.

"Well, it's cause she doesn't know," I said looking at her trying to not start crying.

"If I am can I ask what happened to them? it's fine if you don't wanna tell me" she said with a nervous look on her face not wanting to upset me.

"I remember that day like it was yesterday," I said looking at her as my mind went back to that day.

*Flashback*

"Mom!MOM!MOM!" I yelled as my 6-year-old self ran back inside the house with a few shells in my hand. That had different patterns on them that intrigued me. "Look at this they are so beautiful," I said walking into the kitchen where she was cooking. People always said I was a spitting image of her. she looked at me with a smile. That's when my dad and his friends walked into the house. it was a small dinner party. We always had one at least once a month. We lived in Spain cause mom grow up here.

This was her family house. This is the city Mom and Dad met in. Dad was here was his father's funeral. Grand-dad wanted to be buried with grandma. Dad was Romanian Spaniard and Mom was well...just a Spaniard.

"They are amazing darling. Why don't you go wash your hands and call your brother down too food is ready" she said and kissed my forehead. I nodded and made my way up to my brother's room "Nico mom said the food is ready, wash your hands and come down" I said knocking on his door.

"OK!" he yelled back my brother was 14 years old. I was the miracle baby as mom had 2 miscarriages before that.

I washed my hand and went back down sitting next to my brother. We all said grace and then started eating. All the adults were talking about business. They were talking about some people who had attacked uncle Darrius family when Mom told them to quiet it down as kids were on the table.

The dinner was over we all decided to go for the carnival nearby. We got in our car. mom was sitting in the back with me as Nico kept on saying his a grown up now he should sit next to dad in the front.

We were on the road and from no were someone started shooting bullets at us. Mom quickly covered me with her body. they fired rounds after rounds. We had crashed into a street lamp that's when they stopped. I started to cry but she told me to be quiet or the bad man will come back. So I did that. I stayed quiet for what felt like hours and mom still covered me with her body we both didn't move. I felt something wet on my hand I looked down to see it was blood. Mom's blood to be specific.