Chapter 42

Ella's POV

I woke up to the image of me shooting my uncle. Getting up quickly I tried to breathe. But I felt like someone was choking me.

"Hey hey breathe. Look at me just breath with me. in and out in and out" Sofia said and I followed her. Soon when my breathing went back to normal. It hit me. I had just killed someone. Tears started to roll down my cheek and soon those small tears turned in to sobs. "I- I- I killed him" I said trying to breathe as I sobbed.

"No no no you didn't kill anyone." She said holding on to my hand.

"Bu-but I shot him. 3 t-times in the chest" I said as I looked at her puzzled trying to stop crying as she wiped my tears. "No one can be alive after 3 bullets in the chest."

"He's alive baby. He's alive. You didn't kill anyone. He's in custardy with that secret service. He will be tried for attempted kidnapping and Murder on 3 counts. There will be just a court hearing to present all the evidence. It will be a private on so no one will know the reason he did it. don't worry." She said as she got up and gave me a glass of water.
"How?" I asked her confused.

"Well you were turning into a...Stone. No offences like if it was just me I wouldn't have said anything but then you were like that with Zee too" she said trying to defend herself. She was right. I was not myself these past few weeks and it had started to affect Ze too. Hw could I do this? I was the one talking about not turning into my mother and then I started doing everything my mother did. "It's ok your right" I said and held her hand "But that still doesn't explain how my uncle who I shot is alive."

"My men when they had knocked him out had put on a bullet proof vest on him. So he himself didn't know he had a vest on. The idea was never to kill him. We just need him to confess to the crime. Plus if he didn't we already had evidence to get him locked up. This was just for you to get your answers." She said as I gave her the glass back and she kept it on the table.

"What if I would have shot him in the head?" I asked her. Even I didn't know I had shot him till after I had done it. How could have she known that I would only shot him in the chest.

"Cause you're a trained solider. You were trained to shot 3 times in the chest. Your not a killer. I knew the only way you would have shot him was if you done it unconsciously out of anger or to make him stop. During those times a person goes back to they're training subconsciously. Plus there was a 50 percent chance you would have told me to shoot him. Which you did in the start" she said shrugging. She had more trust in me then I have in myself. "You ok?" she asked me as I didn't said anything "I know this was a bit too drastic but I and F- " I didn't let her complete and pull her into a kiss. She didn't react at first but then held my hands and moved her lips against mine. I pulled away from the kiss your temples still touching. "How can you trust me? After all that I did, how cold I was" I said as all the memories from the last month hit me. all the shit I had said or will not said. How I had acted. How I pushed Sofia away when she was trying to help me.

"Cause I know the women I fell in love with. I know my wife. She was just having a hard time. She was still there under all that coldness. She just need a blast of heat to get her out of there." She said with a soft smile.

"What if I had shot him in the head?" I asked but before he could say something I added "Don't said you knew my training. I know I was trained to shoot in the chest and even if subconsciously there was still a 10 percent chance I would have shot him in the head." I asked as I held her hand and looked at her.

"Well if you would have shot him in the head. Which was very unlikely but if you would have done that. Then Sonny would have taken his body and placed it in his house. Then went a mile away from the home and used a sniper to shoot him again to make it look like a sniper shoot him like one shot me. It would have been chalked out as a assassination." She said with a calmness which was not normal but I knew it was because of her past that she could think so clearly in these kind of situations. Her killing people was something we had talked about and also discussed that they all deserved it but it still sometimes haunted her. "Ok?" she asked me and I nodded kissing hr hand.