Chapter 38

Sofia's POV

My eyes were feeling heavy and I could hear my heart banging next to my ear as it slowed down every second. There was a faint beeping sound that was getting hard to hear as I couldn't keep my eyes open. I closed them that's when I felt a jolt of electricity pass my body making me open my eyes it was hard to breathe as there was something in my throat I tried to claw it out when Ella who was next to me stopped me.

"It's helping you breathe" Ella said that wasn't Ella's voice I closed my eyes and opened it again to find it was dad. I heard people next to screaming medical terms. 'GSW....it's a through and through' a female said 'By the looks of it the bullet might have puncher her left ventricle...' some guy said 'how is she alive I can't find a pulse' someone yelled. That's when I looked at my dad and he smiled "Cause her heart is on the right." One of the guy used a portable ultrasound machine to check my right side and they heard a pulse he then stuck a electrodes (ECG sticker) on my right side. They injected me with something making me sleepy as I fell asleep I heard my dad say "its fine mi amor just breathe, its fine. You got a long life to live."

Ella's POV

I was sitting in the waiting room. The entire floor was cleared out and there were men with assault rifles standing every 5 ft. I was covered in blood holding my head in my hand. "This can't be happening. Not again. This isn't happening. Not again. Not again." I kept mumbling to myself. That's when I felt someone touch me. I quickly grabbed the hand twisting it behind they're back and pointed a gun at they're head.

My guards looked at me wide eyed. I didn't even know I had a gun on me.

"It's ok Eleanor, It's just me, Jasmine." I looked at her face and it was her. I just fucking pointed at gun at Jazz. I slowly let go of her moving back and sitting back down. I went back to my mumbling with my head in my hands.

Jazz's POV
(because Ella is to disoriented)

I looked at the guards and told them it, Alright. I looked back at Ella and she was covered in blood. There was something written on her forearm when I focused on it. It was 'I love you' fuck this is bad. This is bad. The must have been shot in one of her vital body part for Sofi to write that on Ella. I quickly texted Amber to get here as fast as they can. That's when I saw a doctor walk towards us. He just looked at Ella concerned.

"Your Majesty is fine, it's not her blood" The Royal guard that was standing closest to her said and the Doctor sighed of relief like he couldn't handle another injured royal.

"How is Sofia?" I asked the Doctor. He looked at the guard who nodded signaling him it was ok to tell me.

"Shes in surgery Your Highness is a very lucky women. The bullet should have puncher her left ventricle but she has Dextrocardia so instead of her heart being on the left it's on the right saving her life." He said and I let out the breathe I didn't know I was holding. "But the bullet did pass through the lungs. As it was a sniper with a clean shot it didn't leave any chards but the doctors are right now in surgery trying to repair the lung. While she was bought in she when in to Cardiac Arrest we had to shock her that caused her to turn hyper and start crawling at her chest tube so we sedated her. This surgery is extremely risky but it is the only hope to save her." I nodded at everything he said.

"What are the chances? Of her have any cardiac episode?" I asked him.

"20%" he said and I nodded.

"That's good, we got 80% of her not having one. It's Sofia she's been through worst." I said more to myself then the doctor. I turned back to see Ella was now rocking back and forth breathing heavy. Fuck she's on the verge of having a full blown panic attack.

"Can you tell me where I can find a shower?" the doctor looked at me confused but pointed at the Suite nearby saying it has a shower I can use. I just nodded and he went back.

"Get me clothes" I told the guard who spoke before. He just nodded and mumbled something in his coms.

I kneel down in front of Ella making sure not to touch her this time. "Hey doll..." he looked up at me still mumbling something. "Can you hand me the gun?" I asked her and she looked at me still rocking back and forth but after a few seconds she gave me the gun. i looked at it the safety was still on. "Why don't we get out cleaned up? Ok?" I looked at her with a soft smile as I slowly moved close to her. When I touched her this time she didn't try to hit me. I lifted her up with me. she was still mumbling something and I couldn't understand it.

I gave the gun to one of the guards as I took Eleanor to the hospital room the doctor pointed at. I went to the bathroom and made her sit on a chair. I took off her shoes, her wedding ring and then her watch. I checked her pockets to find phone and a credit card. I put then aside with all the pieces of paper she had in her pocket. When I focused on what she was mumble I finally figured out she was mumbling 'not again' on a loop. I made her sit under the shower head in the tub and turned on the cold water.

She jolted out of her Trans but also shot her into a panic attack. I quickly got in the tub behind her warping my arms around her.

"It's fine, just breath, let it all out, just breath" I said as I held her tight. "in...and out just copy me. Focus on my breathing. In...then out." I her breathing slowing went back to normal as her heart beat slowed down too. She just started to cry. "It's fine, just let it all out. Scream if you like. Just let it all out." I said and she just sobbed in my arms.

When she finally calmed down I asked her "You ok?" and she nodded "You need help cleaning up?" I asked her and she shook her head. I nodded and got out of the tub taking off my clothes and warping myself in the towel.

I went outside to find couple a dresses and lingerie with still tags on them kept on the bed. I took the lingerie and then wore one of the dresses. That had a tag on it too. These people must have bought all this from a nearby store right now or they have new clothes just lying around in their emergency kit. I picked up the clothes and lingerie knocking on the bathroom door. "I'm keeping the clean clothes on the shelf" I said as I put them on the shelf and went back out.
I used the towel to dry my hair as I looked at my phone. Amber had sent me a couple of texts.

Bambi: We are on a flight will be there in 2-3 hours. What did the doctor say?

Bambi: Please take care of Ella.

I quickly messaged them what the doctor told me and told her not to worry I'm taking care of her.

I sat down on the couch as a few minutes later Ella walked out fully dressed wiping her hair. Her Eyes were all red and now I could see a cut on her arms. She looked at me and realize what I was looking at.

"I think I crashed into something sharp went I walked in here." She said.

"I will call the nurse" I said and told the guard to call a nurse as there was a cut on Ella's arms.

The nurse soon showed up with a doctor. They checked her vitals and made sure she didn't have any other injury.

Warped a band aid on the cut and left. This whole time she had a stern face not saying anything, but as soon as they left she let her guards fall.

"What did the doctor say?" she asked and I explained her everything. At the end of which she said "She's going to be fine. She has too. Zale?" she asked the last part looking at the guard.

"Your Majesty, Prince Zale is with Sonny at the palace. He's doing good nothing to worry about. Senor Sonny told us to tell you not to worry about him he will not let Zale out of his sights." He said and Ella nodded.

"Ella why don't you rest for a while." She was above to say something "I will wake you up when the doctor comes with another update." She was above to protest but that's when the load of the day hit her draining her down. So she just nodded ok and laid on the bed. I put the blanket on her.

"Can you stay next to me?" she asked and I nodded. I got under the sheets next to her. She just held on to one on my hands as she closed her eyes. She breathing soon steadied signaling me she was asleep.