Chapter 43

Sofia's POV

I was walking around in my office in the hotel. We had got the glass bulletproofed so it was safer. Even thought I'm fully healed my doctor said to walk around from time to time it is good for my muscle or something. It been months since everything happened.

God if you think about everything that happened since we got married. It not even been a year and we have gone through entire family death, become a princess, adopting a kid, getting that kid kidnapped, getting shot, and the most importantly falling in love with my Waiter/Queen of Spain.

Wait! A year! IT'S BEEN A YEAR! IT'S MY FUCKING ANNIVERSARY. Wait that also means it's her families death anniversary tomorrow!

How dumb can you be to forget this? i checked the date on the marriage certificate and then looked at the calendar to confirm. The month and year was right but the day was wrong. I looked at last year's calendar just to be sure. It says we got married on February 29th...it would be correct but last year wasn't a leap year. So there was no 29th February last year!

How did we never notice this before? I called up my lawyer.
"Yeah, Hey Kiddo can we meet up?" I asked as soon as she picked up.

"I'm in Paris right now. Listen I will call you in an hour I'm heading into a negotiation meeting. Should take me 2 hours or so."

"Send me the address I will be there in 2 hours or so. This is important." I said with urgency in my voice.

"Ok ok I will tell Heather to send you the address see you soon" she said and hung up. A minute later, I got the message with the address in it.

Ok if this means what I think it means. This I think we are screws. The legal document would be void. We would have to tell the lawyers to write up new documents. Fuck that! I won't be legally married or have Zale's custody, because Denisa Sofia Reofer-Tovar is legally Zale's mother not Denisa Sofia Reofer. How did no one notice this?

I put the marriage certificate in a messenger bag with the legal papers that Ella had made me sign and Zale's custody paper.

"Sonny get me a chartered flight to Paris and a car to drive around it." he nodded he was above to say something into his coms when I quickly added "No one. I mean no one needs to know about where we are going or why. If anyone asks we are going to Paris to meet Amber."

"Yes ma'am" he added and then left I saw him pull out a flip phone to make calls. I called up my wife...well if my gut is true then not really my wife. But it went straight to voice mail "Hey love, I'm going to Paris I might be late for dinner, amber has some important work with me. It's urgent." I walked out of my office to find Sonny standing there he pressed the elevator button and the doors opened.

"Everything is ready." He said and I nodded.

*In Paris*

"Well your right this marriage certificate is invalid. If it were just the wrong date then it would be a task but I could have gotten it changed but according to this your 150 years old" Santino aka Kiddo said.

"Wait, what? Where is my age written?" I asked and then looked at the spot she was pointing out. It was on the back that's why I didn't notice it at first but it said 1870 instead of 1987. "The fuck? How is this possible?" I asked confused.

"Looking at the date it must have just been a common mistake but the birth year is hand written. Knowing the story of how you got married you're the one who wrote 1870 instead of 1987." She chuckled. I face palmed. She shook her head and took a sip for her coffee. We were sitting in a café near the address she had sent me "Ok look we can fix this whole thing we just need to file for a new marriage certificate.