Chapter 40

Sofia's POV

I felt like I was choking. I opened my eyes but the light burned my eyes so i closed them back again. I tried to touch my throat but i was having difficulty moving my hands.

"Hey hey Love relax. The nurse is going to remove the pipe. Just try and breathe slowly." it was ella's voice i calmed down and focused on what she was saying.

Soon the pipe was taken out and a mask was given to me. I slowly opened my eyes this time it took me a while to adjust to the brightness but I soon realized i was in a hospital. The memerious of when it happened hit me like a ton of bricks.
"Zee" i crocked out.

"He's fine he's at the palace" Ella said as she gave me a glass of water. I quickly gulped it down sudding the burning feeling in my throat.

"You?"

"i 'm fine you are the one who got shot"

"It's not like i haven't been shot before" i said with a small smile my voice still cracking in the middle. Ella tried to smile but i could see this incident had shaken her up.

"How long was i out for?"

"2 days, you were suppose to wake up a few hours after your surgery but doctors say as your body had lost too much blood they sedated you to let you heal a bit longer." she said i just nodded. I looked around to spot Woody outside.

"When did Toy Story get here?" i asked.

"Just a few hours ago. Everyone is outside. Franc and Jazz called up Vale." she said.

"Vale? Is he here?" and she nodded. "Can you send him in first? I need to talk to him." she nodded again and left a second later Vale came in.

"Wow you look like a vampire" he said smile making me laugh. He walked towards the window first and closed the blinds.

"Hows the soție (Wife)?"

"She doing well. Currently in Africa doing some work for the foundation."

"Good good. Have you figured out yet who shot me?"

"Yeah, we also figure out who hired the sniper" he said as he sat on the edge of my bed.

"I presume hes dead already?" i asked knowing they don't take a threat lightly.

"Well we wanted you to decided the outcome, plus killing him might be a light tricky"

"Who is it?"

"Ella's uncle."

"The bastard" i took a deep breath. "Do it the legal way. Collect or for fuck sack make up eveidence he should be behind bars for the rest of his life."

"We also found something else. Maybe Ella might wanna hear it too" he said, clearing his throat. I had a bad feeling about this. It's not what I think it is. It's not what I think it is.

"Call her in" I said and he nodded quickly calling Ella in. she looked at both of us confused.

"What is it?" she asked.

"So we figured out Your uncle had hired people to kidnap Zee and also wa the one who had hired that sniper so that nothing leads back to him." Vale said.

"Fuck!" she yelled out "I'm going to kill him."

"That's not all..." Vale took a deep breath and said "He was behind the plane crash that killed your family."

"no no no no no no sure he is an asshole but he can't kill his brother. No no this is not true." she was mumbling. It looked like she was trying to make herself believe that what Vale was saying can't be true.