『 birthday boy 』

Xiao POV:

I was just talking with Morax, or also known as Zhongli. I felt as if something was off, as if I was missing something.

"Ah, Xiao. Have you forgotten?" Zhongli asked me, I was confused, forgot what?

"Uh.. forgot what?" I asked curiously, with a confused expression on my face.

"You've forgotten... again.." Zhongli  sighed.

"It's your birthday tomorrow Xiao..." Zhongli said in a low tone. My birthday??

"I don't really care about birthdays.." I said to him as Zhongli sipped his tea.

Birthdays don't really matter anymore if you live for thousands of years. A whole week for an archon.. or an adeptus.. or whatever,  feels like just a few minutes.

"Well.. it's not like it matters anyway.." I said to him, fiddling with my sleeves.

After that happened, I went over to Liyue harbor and saw Venti and Hu Tao whispering and laughing together. Tch.. what were they doing?

I went over and sat right next to Venti and pulling him close to me, making him snuggle into me.

"Ah- Xiao!" Venti said cheerfully. I hugged him tightly.

"You're so warm Venti..." I muffled as I put my head in his shoulder.

"Okay, enough hugs Xiao!! Let go of him!" Hu tao said, annoyed on being ignored. I just clung onto Venti tighter.

"I don't want to." I said in an aggressive voice as Venti sighed.

"You want to die? I will bury your grave for you." Hu tao said, slowly pulling out a coupon for Wangsheng funeral parlor.

"We all know that you can't beat me in a fight." I smirked.

"Tch.. do you still want the coupo-"

"No idiot, why would I need it?!" I said aggressively, interrupting her.

"Stop fighting..." Venti said, pushing us apart. I returned back to my original emotions.

"Okay.." I said in a calm voice, putting my head back on Ventis shoulder.

"What the-" Hu tao said looking at us.

"Xiao!" I heard someone call my name, I looked up to see Gangu waving to me. She walked up to us and smiled.

"Hi, do you mind if I take Xiao?" Gantry asked us, Hu tao quickly nodded and pushed me to her.

"Yes yes! Take him!" Hu Tao said with a big smile. I glared at her.

I went with Ganyu, I still don't know why.

"So.. What are you interested in?" Ganyu asked.

"Is this about my birthday?" I asked.

"Um.. maybe?.." Ganyu said, scratching her horns.

"Venti." I said in a low tone, just enough for Ganyu to hear.

"Wait- did you just say Venti..?" Ganyu asked, she suddenly stopped walking.

I just stared at her and nodded.

"...interesting.." She muffled.

The next day quickly came, but no one had wished me happy birthday yet. Though, it doesn't matter anyway.

Suddenly, someone pounced on me and wrapped a blindfold around my eyes.

"Hey get off me!!" I yelled aggressively, trying to find my spear, but it was nowhere to be found.