『 just an act 』

3rd Person POV:

Xiao and Venti were famous actors. They were movie stars, they were the most popular actors in the media right now!

They starred in many movies, and their acting skills blew everyone away. Everything was perfect, until...

"We request, a kissing scene." The director, Beidou, told them, handing them the script.

"What?!" They both said in unison, their shock was visible on their faces.

"We need this. It ties the plot together completely." Beidou said.

"You realize we are both guys and— we aren't gay-"

"Our team understands. The only thing is, you signed a contract. You work for us to act. It's just a simple kissing scene between two star-struck lovers." Beidou explained.

Xiao sighed and glared at Venti.

"I guess we are doing this," Xiao mumbled.

Little did everyone know, behind the scenes, Xiao and Venti didn't exactly— get along. Their opposite personalities never seemed to get along.

"It's just a kiss, Venti, calm down," Xiao said, rolling his eyes.

"I bet you're the one freaking out that you get to kiss someone as amazing as me." Venti snapped back with a smirk.

"I'm not, actually," Xiao responded in a monotone voice.

"Can you just be quiet and practice with me," Venti said, sitting down on a couch, Xiao sat next to him.

"Aren't you the one rambling on and on?" Xiao said.

"Shut up... Ew! These lines are so cheesy." Venti said.

"Agreed," Xiao mumbled, staring at the script.

"It's a script between lovers. Of course, it will be somewhat romantic, don't be childish, you're adults." Beidou said.

"Ughhh.. fine."

"You two practice, we're shooting the scene in about an hour." She snapped.

"What? Only an hour—"

"No complaints." Beidou rolled her eyes, shutting the door behind her.

"Well.. let's start," Xiao mumbled, gripping the paper.

"Cameras rolling in... 3..2..1!"

"No! Please... just listen to me, okay?!" Venti yelled at Xiao, gripping his shirt.

(Fake) rain poured down on them, Xiao turned around and looked Venti in the eyes, his blank face had tears rolling down his cheeks. He looked in pain.

"You're dead to me, Felix," Xiao said to Venti, slapping him away with a pained and broken look inside of his eyes.

"I love you... please... stay..." Venti begged, tears flooding his eyes as he broke down.

"Stay was never really something you wanted me to do, was it?" Xiao said.

"This time, I beg of you. Stay. Just this once.." Venti said in broken words as his tears mixed with the rainwater on his face.

Xiao sighed and looked Venti right in the eyes.

"I love you. Maybe we can give ourselves another chance. Another chance to love, another chance to live without the fear of everyone else." Venti said a weak smile on his face.

"Wasn't it always on our bucket list to kiss in the rain?" Xiao said.

Xiao pulled Venti in and kissed him, it was a passionate kiss as Venti wrapped his arms around Xiao.